Heart and Vascular Institute
Nationally recognized cardiac care, close to home.
Ask your doctor for a referral or call us at 203.348.7410 for more information.
About Heart and Vascular Institute
At our Heart and Vascular Institute (HVI), we continuously work to uncover new technologies and treatments to bring you the highest level of compassionate cardiovascular care, whether you are looking for a cardiologist in CT or need heart surgery. You can expect:
- Services personalized for you, tailored toward all aspects of your health and well-being.
- Access to care in a single environment, eliminating the need to travel outside the area.
- Access to both scheduled and emergency heart surgery through our expanded relationship with Columbia University Irving Medical Center's top surgeons, right at Stamford Hospital.
- Outcomes that exceed those of national standards.
- Through the lens of our patients, we build exemplary services within an environment of care where patient needs and preferences are at the heart of every decision and action.
Why Choose Us
Choosing the Heart and Vascular Institute at Stamford Health means you’re choosing healthcare from physicians who are trained at major academic medical centers. For you, we focus on the delivery of exceptional heart and vascular care that is organized and convenient. From outpatient cardiology and vascular services to minimally invasive interventional services and complex cardiac surgery – the HVI aims to deliver the best outcomes possible. As the only comprehensive heart and vascular care program in lower Fairfield County, we eliminate the need for you to travel outside the area for the care you need and deserve.
Chief, Cardiology, Co-Director, Heart & Vascular Institute, and Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
Chief, Cardiac Surgery and Co-Director of the Heart and Vascular Institute
Stamford Health Joins Forces with Columbia University Irving Medical Center
StamfordHealth’s award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute has expanded its relationship with Columbia University Irving Medical Center, one of the top five cardiac programs in the country.* This ensures that our patients will have access to the world-class cardiac treatment and expertise from Columbia University Irving Medical Center’s nationally recognized heart surgeons, without having to venture far from home. Read more about the partnership here.
Safety & Quality
Safety & Quality
The Heart and Vascular Institute is committed to providing genuine patient-centered care with exceptional quality outcomes. This is achieved through a dynamic process that involves:
- Continuous performance monitoring
- Regular team meetings where issues are presented and outcomes are discussed
- Ongoing feedback from our patients and staff
- Dissemination of results to professional medical organizations, physicians, nurses and administrators.
The Heart and Vascular Institute participates in several national safety initiatives including the American College of Cardiology National Cardiovascular Disease Registries and the American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines® Program. These programs measure the level of care provided to heart patients at Stamford Health.
See all of our Safety & Quality Recognitions.
Awards and Recognitions
Stamford Hospital was recently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a high-performing hospital in heart failure care and five other areas.