Pediatric Care & Treatment
At Stamford Health’s Steven & Alexandra Cohen Children’s Institute, we believe children are not just miniature adults—they’re our hopes and dreams and our greatest gift. This all begs the delicate question: how can we give them the care they need when they're sick and even scared? You can take comfort in knowing we understand the following:
- Your child metabolizes medications differently than you do.
- He or she requires different treatments and surgical techniques.
- Above all, your child seeks out and needs emotional care.
Our team of top pediatric specialists and pediatricians is trained to accommodate the individual needs of your child, no matter how long or brief their stay with us. Here are some of our unique offerings, all with the goal of making you and your family feel more at ease:
- Pediatric Emergency Department: We are the first facility in the region with a dedicated pediatric emergency department, led by a board certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine Director.
- The Pediatric Unit: We take special care of our young patients in a warm, uplifting environment.
- Pediatric Hospitalists: A team of pediatricians who are always in house that cares for your child, 24/7.
- Pediatric Surgery: Our goal is to help your child understand our process and keep him or her comfortable.
- Pediatric Programs that inform and educate you about your child’s specific situation.
- NICU: Our neonatologists, nurses, and pediatric specialists are dedicated to giving extra care to newborns requiring an extended stay.
- Kids' Fans: A community-wide program that promotes healthy eating, physical activity, and obesity prevention in children ages 3 to 18.
- Cohen Children's Specialty Center: We bring highly skilled pediatric specialists to the community.