Knowing you need heart surgery is challenging. You have questions, and want answers. You deserve exceptional heart care that is comprehensive, convenient and personalized. You also deserve to be cared for by the best.
Stamford Health’s team of heart surgeons is here for you. We promise compassionate, world-class heart surgery with the latest technologies in an intimate environment that focuses on you. Each member of our team, led by Chief of Cardiac Surgery, Dr. Michael Coady, provides you and your family with outstanding surgical expertise and concierge-level attention.
Why Choose Us
Heart Surgeons who exceed expectations
When it comes to your heart disease or condition, we empower you to be an active participant in your own care so you can confidently make important decisions. If you are facing heart surgery, you can rely on our team for:
- Access to the most modern surgical techniques
- Their extensive training from some of the most prestigious academic programs in the country
- Exceptional outcomes that consistently exceed national standards, established by major organizations such as the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the most widely recognized resource for safety and quality in the field of cardiothoracic surgery
- The support of a dedicated, in-house staff 24/7 to guide you through your journey, including your very own nurse practitioner patient navigator
- National recognition in the area of Heart Failure from U.S. News & World Report and by the American Heart Association for quality improvement measures
- Expanded offerings through our partnership with Columbia University’s heart surgeons
Types Of Heart Surgery
When is heart surgery needed?
- Heart valve repair or replacement: When valves are damaged or diseased, they might need to be repaired or replaced. Our cardiac surgeons perform TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), aortic valve repair and replacement and mitral valve repair and replacement
- Heart ablation: A combination of minimally invasive surgery and catheter ablation to treat atrial fibrillation.
- Heart bypass: Also called coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), this surgery involves the grafting of a healthy artery or vein from the body to build detours (or bypasses) around the blocked coronary artery to improve blood flow to the heart
- Resection of cardiac tumors: Heart tumors are rare, but can present unexpected symptoms. Our team is skilled in the surgical treatment of these tumors
Partnership with Columbia University
Expanded world-class heart capabilities in Stamford
We have expanded our long-standing relationship with Columbia University to bring the expertise of select heart surgeons from Columbia University Irving Medical Center right to Stamford Health. The surgeons perform both scheduled and emergency heart surgery on patients at Stamford Hospital.
This expanded relationship brings world class care from Columbia’s top surgeons to lower Fairfield County, enhancing the services delivered in the area and making access more convenient for patients and their families.