Donna Brace Ogilvie Volunteer Resource Center
Helping you to help make a difference at Stamford Health
As part of our Planetree philosophy, Stamford Health is committed to personalizing the healthcare experience for our patients, families, and volunteers. As a volunteer, our staff will mentor and guide you to ensure that you’re well-matched and well-recognized for your individual strengths and talents. You can choose from a broad selection of opportunities that fit today's busy lifestyles, while at the same time maintaining a focus on the needs of our patients.
There's a fit for everyone, from teenagers to adults!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Patient Registration
- Wayfinding Ambassador
- Tender Touch
- Integrative Therapies
- Patient Liason
Please contact us regarding these opportunities.
How to Apply
The first step to joining the Stamford Health team is filling out our adult volunteer application or calling the Donna Brace Ogilvie Resource Center. After we receive an application, we will review the information and if there is an open position that's a good fit, we contact you to set up an interview. All new volunteers are required to attend an orientation session.
- Administrative work in various departments (Finance, Marketing, and others)
- Helping with community events and fundraisers
- Playing an instrument or sharing other talents
- Working on patient care units
Volunteers (14 to 18 years of age)
Stamford Health welcomes students ages 14 and older who are interested in volunteering in a professional medical environment. We onboard the Junior Volunteers in the Fall and Summer only.
To be considered as a volunteer, you’re required to complete 50 hours of service for the school year from 3p.m. to 5p.m. no weekends. If volunteering in the summer you must complete 25 hours and must be able to dedicate your time to our 6 week program, minimum of two (2) hours on a weekly schedule no weekends. This is required upon issuing any recommendations.
Junior volunteers will first need to fill out the application form, which includes a 150-word essay that explains why you’d like to volunteer. We want you to illustrate the qualities that make you an exceptional candidate.
Along with the application form, the following forms need to be completed as well:
- Health Reference - A completed application consists of your immunization record including your PPD test for tuberculosis (within the last 12 months).
- Parent Permission - A parent or legal guardian will need to sign the permission slip.
- Teacher/Guidance Counselor Recommendation and Essay - A teacher or counselor will need to fill out the recommendation and mail it in a separate envelope.
All completed forms must be: scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to: (203) 276-6121.
You may also mail completed forms to:
Volunteer Services Dept.
P.O. Box 9317
Stamford, CT 06904-9317
The deadline for our High School Internship Program is February 9, 2018 and Summer Program applications are due by March 9, 2018.
Aside from becoming part of the hospital family, you’ll benefit from:
- Discounted membership to the Sarner Health & Fitness Institute during a volunteer tenure
- Free flu shots
- Participation in events and lectures sponsored by Stamford Hospital
- Letters of reference
- Opportunities to join hospital committees
- Participation in the employee credit union
- Participation in the Concierge program which offers restaurant and entertainment discounts and other perks
Your placement as a volunteer is based on skills, interests and availability. All volunteer positions are subject to an assessment period and the satisfaction of the department and the volunteer. Acceptance and placement as a volunteer is not guaranteed to any applicant.