Endocrinologists & Diabetes Doctors
You can rely on Stamford Health for personalized care when it comes to diabetes and endocrine disorders. We know you often need to see more than one clinician to receive the care you need. That’s why we bring together consultative services and expertise through our caregivers conveniently located in Stamford, New Canaan and Wilton and our Diabetes Self-Management Education Program, which provides excellent educational services for those who have been diagnosed
We’re the only comprehensive center in the area for the care of diabetes and disorders of the endocrine system. That’s why you can expect our caregivers to work directly and collaboratively with your primary care physician.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that results in too much sugar (glucose) in the blood.
Types of Diabetes We Treat:
We provide a full range of diabetes management services, including point-of-care glucose testing, continuous blood glucose monitoring, insulin pump initiation and management, gestational diabetes management, and diabetes and pre-diabetes educational programs. We also perform electrocardiograms to check for heart problems that can arise due to complications from diabetes, and perform regular blood pressure and cholesterol checks.
What is Endocrinology?
Endocrinology is the medical specialty that focuses on the endocrine system, the complex network of glands that produce the hormones that regulate your important bodily functions. Diabetes is the most common condition that endocrinologists treat, but it is far from the only one. Other common endocrine disorders include:
- Adrenal, pituitary and other neuro-endocrine disorders
- Diabetes (along with pre-diabetes and gestational diabetes) and associated complications relating to the disease
- Hormone treatment in transgender individuals
- Metabolic bone disorders, including primary hyperparathyroidism
- Obesity and weight loss management
- Osteoporosis, including diagnosis and all current therapies
- Reproductive endocrinology, including menstrual disorders, PCOS and infertility
- Thyroid disorders, including hypothyroidism, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
We provide all other endocrine-related treatment services as well, including thyroid care, adrenal and pituitary management, bone care, obesity management, and management of sexual problems or conditions involving testosterone and estrogen, including infertility.
We have the expertise and equipment to routinely perform thyroid ultrasounds and fine needle aspirations.