We focus on you with comprehensive, patient-centered cardiac care to not only treat your heart disease, but also help you to prevent it.
What is cardiology?
Cardiology is the medical specialty devoted to caring for everything related to your heart and circulation. The industry has made great progress in diagnosing and treating heart disease, but it is still the number one killer of men and women in our country. Though age is a contributing factor, the single most important cause of heart disease is unhealthy lifestyle.
When it comes to heart disease, prevention is the best medicine. Even if you have a family history of heart disease, living a healthy lifestyle is the key to preventing heart problems. Whether you’re an adult with congenital heart disease or an athlete seeking a cardiac evaluation before you play a sport, our cardiologists address your unique needs with a highly personalized, integrative approach to cardiovascular care that includes individualized assessments, advanced diagnostic services and therapies for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Most importantly, we encourage you to adopt healthful lifestyle habits for meaningful longevity and quality of life.
Our board-certified cardiologists are very much on pace with the rapidly advancing developments in cardiology. To this end, we collaborate with world-class colleagues in the field and access the most advanced technologies and heart specialists to serve your heart health needs. As always here at the HVI, your quality care is provided in a patient-centered, compassionate environment that maximizes your comfort and peace of mind.
What heart conditions do our cardiologists treat?
We also offer advanced diagnostic services and procedures including:
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI)
- Anti-coagulation clinic
- Cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac computer tomography angiography (CTA)
- Cardiac event recorder
- CardioMEMS™ heart failure monitor
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Carotid ultrasound
- Echocardiography, including TEE (trans-esophageal echocardiography)
- Electrical cardioversion
- Exercise stress testing
- Heart catheterization
- In-office device clinic cardiac event monitoring
- Interventional and nuclear cardiology
- Pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Vascular studies
Why Choose Us
- We’re the only full-service Cardiology program in lower Fairfield County.
- We work closely with HVI specialty heart physicians and your primary care physician to provide you with personalized, integrative care. They are supported by a dedicated team of highly-trained medical professionals that includes nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Our new hospital has a dedicated HVI wing that provides sophisticated cardiovascular imaging and treatment capabilities and facilitates patient convenience and seamless communication among our cardiologists and heart specialists.
Areas of Specialization
- Integrative Cardiology
- Sports Cardiology
- Personalized Cardiovascular Medicine
- Preventive Cardiology
- Women’s Heart Disease