Stamford Health's Breast Center & Mammography
Book Your 3D Mammogram Today
For more information and to schedule an appointment, click below.
Results given during business hours (8am to 4pm, M-F. For after-hours screening, results the next business day.
The Breast Center at Stamford Health provides comprehensive care for patients across the region. We are proud to offer a high level of clinical expertise along with advanced technology. With four convenient locations and a quick turnaround time for results, our program is designed to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible for you.
Why choose Stamford Health's Breast Center?
When it comes to your breast health, we're committed to clinical excellence and compassion. We are a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, designated by the American College of Radiology.
The Stamford Health Breast Center offers:
- Same-day mammogram results during business hours. If you come in the evening or on a weekend, you will get your results the next business day.
- Several convenient locations: Stamford, Darien, Wilton and Greenwich
Day, evening and weekend appointments
- Walk-ins. If you are 40 or older and have not had a mammogram for one year, it’s time to take care of you!
- If you need it, you can get an appointment to see a breast surgeon within 24–72 hours
We offer a complete breast care program that includes treatment and recovery.
- Specialists in breast health – Our breast care team includes experts in the fields of breast imaging breast biopsies and surgery, plastic surgery, personalized cancer treatments including radiation and chemotherapy, genetic counseling and testing.
- Breast Navigators – Right from the beginning, our Breast Navigators provide a constant, familiar face with a very special personal touch.
- Breast surgeons – Our breast surgeons are specialty trained and only take care of breast conditions.
- Breast radiologists – Our dedicated breast radiologists are dedicated to finding and diagnosing breast disease. It’s all they do, every day.
- Full spectrum of care – We work closely with our Integrative Medicine physicians and complementary medicine services, such as physical therapy, nutrition, massage therapy and stress reduction.
3D mammograms mean more accurate screenings and less anxiety
We are proud to have been the first breast center in the region to offer 3D mammograms to everyone.
- Advanced technology — 3D mammograms allow us to discover cancers that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.
- More accurate detection —With 3D mammography there are also fewer retakes and false alarms. It also means better detection and fewer trips back for more tests.
- Additional testing available — If you need a breast ultrasound, or additional mammography pictures, we will get it done at the same appointment (if during business hours). Same-day biopsies are often available, too.
Individual breast cancer risk assessment
The average American woman has a 12% lifetime risk of developing breast cancer. This means that 1 in 8 women get breast cancer. However, every woman is unique. To help you understand your individual risk, we give you a breast cancer risk assessment with every screening mammogram.
If you are at higher risk, we have a special High Risk Program to help create your personalized care plan.