About Stamford Health and Stamford Health Medical Group
Stamford Health is Healing. Reimagined. A team committed to caring for the whole person in mind, body, and spirit. We provide you with the absolute finest in care, from prevention and wellness, to diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing support. We believe that to heal is to make whole. Stamford Health consists of Stamford Hospital, Stamford Health Medical Group, Stamford Hospital Foundation, and a diverse and growing number of retail and ambulatory locations across the region.
Stamford Health Medical Group (SHMG) is a physician-led, professionally managed and quality-driven multi-specialty practice with more than 30 offices in lower Fairfield County. Part of Stamford Health, SHMG includes more than 120 physicians in 17 medical and surgical specialties and nearly 400 non-clinical staff, all committed to patient-centered care.
At Stamford Health and Stamford Health Medical Group, you are at the core of everything we think, feel, and do. Your specific needs and unique life experiences inspire us to:
- Put you—our patient—first so we can take caregiving to a level of excellence never known before.
- Personalize, humanize, and demystify healthcare for you, your family, and the greater community.
- Be a proud member of the Planetree Alliance, a group of hospitals nationwide whose philosophy revolves around putting you at the forefront.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities.
Vision: Stamford Health is reimagining healing in every way, distinguishing ourselves as the most trusted healthcare partner for the communities we serve.
- Teamwork: Work together, share common goals, support each other
- Compassion: Put patients first, be understanding, have pride, show empathy
- Integrity: Advocate, model ethics, inspire trust and maintain high standards
- Respect: Listen, acknowledge, be courteous and appreciate others
- Accountability: Communicate, lead, accept responsibility and take ownership
Our Commitment to Quality- Our Commitment to You
When you entrust us with your care, you’ll feel secure knowing your emotional and physical health are top priority. Here are some of the ways in which we hold ourselves up to the highest standards so we can play an important role in your healing.
- Joint Commission Accreditation: Stamford Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with their national, state-of-the-art standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals.
- Nursing Excellence: Stamford Hospital is now among roughly 7 percent of hospitals nationwide to have been granted Magnet status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet recognition is the highest honor for nursing service excellence that any hospital can receive.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score: Stamford Hospital received an A on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety report card in 2017. 32% of hospitals received this designation nationally, as did only 7 out of 28 hospitals in Connecticut.
- Planetree Designated®: We’re one of only 17 acute care hospitals in the nation with this designation that allows us to focus on patient-centered care. We’re committed to personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the healthcare experience for patients and their families. Our approach is holistic and encourages healing in all dimensions - mind, body and spirit.
Quick Facts About Stamford Hospital
Stamford Hospital, residing on the Bennett Medical Center campus, is a 305-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing area residents (Fairfield and Westchester counties) with access to the latest technology using a compassionate, patient-centered care approach.
Our areas of expertise include: cancer care, heart services, orthopedics and women and children's health. Stamford Hospital is a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons.
Patient and Hospital Statistics for Fiscal Year 2018 (October 2017- September 2018)
- Inpatient Discharges: 15,764
- Patient Days: 73,448
- Average Length of Stay (days): 4.66
- Average Daily Census: 201.23
- Newborn Births: 2,321
- Total Emergency & Immediate Care Services: 77,651
- Stamford Hospital ED: 55,137
- Tully Immediate Care Center: 22,514
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery: 11,923
- Outpatient Visit Volume: 224,013
Stamford Health System Financials:
- Expenses: $652.7 million
- Revenue: $639.1 million
(Financial numbers are those of Stamford Health System, the hospital's parent company and are from audited financial statements for 2018.)