We are Recognized for Expertise and Compassion
Expertise and Compassion
Stamford Health continues to be recognized in many areas. Visit the Newsroom to stay up to date.
- Stamford Health is one of Connecticut's highest-quality hospitals. Stamford Hospital holds both an “A” Hospital Safety rating from The Leapfrog and Group, an independent watchdog organization for patient safety, and a “5 Star” Overall Quality rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).We are the only hospital in Fairfield County to receive a grade of A from The Leapfrog Group and CMS 5-star ratings.
- U.S. News & World Report has recognized Stamford Hospital as a High Performing Hospital for 2020-2021 in the area of heart failure.
- Stamford Hospital is among roughly 7% of hospitals nationwide to have been granted Magnet Status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing superior patient care with the highest levels of safety, quality and patient satisfaction.
- Stamford Hospital is a Planetree Gold-Certified Person-Centered Hospital of Distinction, one of only seven in the world to attain that distinction. Planetree, Inc. is a non-profit organization that certifies hospitals as patient-centered.
Learn More About Expertise & Compassion
Stamford Health is More Than a Hospital
More than a Hospital
We are independent, not-for-profit, and exclusively focused on Stamford and Lower Fairfield County. For decades we have responded to the unique needs of our community. It is our pleasure to continue to see our vision through and provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services together with our physicians.
Stamford Health Offers You Access To:
Mission, Vision and Values
At Stamford Health, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our mission, vision and values.
Stamford Health Ambulatory Network
- Four new multispecialty centers located in Stamford (2), Greenwich (1), Wilton (1)
- Locations for imaging, outpatient rehabilitation, wound care, and more
- Walk-in and immediate care centers
- Newly renovated and equipped Sarner Health and Fitness Institute
Stamford Health Medical Group
- Physician-led medical practice with primary and specialty care offerings
- Most comprehensive medical group in lower Fairfield County with more than 150 physicians located in 40 offices throughout the area
- Virtual care appointments also available
Stamford Hospital Foundation
- Secures financial resources necessary to support the hospital
- Goals include acquiring the latest technology, sustaining core programs, and enhancing patient-centered services
- Largest initiatives include Paint the Town Pink, Hope in Motion, and the COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund
We are committed to improving the health and well-being of our communities' residents. We aim to do so through a variety of programs, supportive offerings and regular Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) . Our areas of interest include providing chronic disease management, health risk awareness programming, physician seminars, and community collaborative and school-based events.
As a backbone partner for the Stamford Community Collaborative, we work closely with Charter Oak Communities and other community partners to support Stamford through the Vita Health & Wellness District.
We provide care to everyone regardless of socio-economic status. In 2019, Stamford Health provided approximately $84 million in uncompensated care to our community; although we are the fifth largest health system in the state, we provide the second highest amount of uncompensated care.
Meet the Board of Directors and Leadership Team
Meet the Board of Directors & Leadership Team
Board of Directors Leadership Team
Meet Our President & CEO
Meet Our CEO
Kathleen Silard, MS, BSN, RN, FACHE
Kathleen Silard likes to say that Stamford Health “…offers world-class care, provided by kind and caring people, in a state-of-the-art setting.” And she would know. After serving as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for 15 years starting in 2003, she was promoted to President and CEO of Stamford Health in 2018.
Stamford Health is an independent, non-profit health system, comprised of a 305-bed acute care hospital, an ambulatory network including four multispecialty centers and a medical group with more than 150 physicians in 40 offices throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut. With more than 3,600 employees, Stamford Health is the largest employer in the City of Stamford, and contributes more than $1 billion a year to the local economy.
In her roles as Executive Vice President and then President & CEO, Kathleen provided the vision and leadership which resulted in Stamford Health accomplishing many milestones.
Kathleen’s expertise and foresight led to the on-time and under-budget development of the new Stamford Hospital on the Bennett Medical Center campus in 2016, a $450 million facility that was the first LEED-Certified hospital in Connecticut. Under Kathleen’s leadership, Stamford Health has been recognized by major organizations such as U.S. News & World Report, the American Heart Association and the Leapfrog Group. Also under her leadership, Stamford Health established collaborative relationships with Hospital for Special Surgery and Dana-Farber Brigham and Women’s. Most recently, Kathleen piloted Stamford Health through the COVID-19 pandemic, caring for hundreds of patients, collaborating with community partners to serve at-risk groups and even forging a unique partnership with the military to set up an alternative care site that was a regional resource during the spring surge.
Kathleen began her career as a nurse in the pediatrics and the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Albert Einstein Hospital in New York before entering the field of healthcare administration. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for various healthcare organizations and is the recipient of several awards recognizing her dedication to the community. She is passionate about making a difference in the communities served by Stamford Health and committed to leading a team who provides person-centered care that values and respects patients’ needs and preferences.
Learn more about Kathleen
Read Kathleen's Blog