What is a primary care physician?
Primary care physicians (PCPs) are important to help you and your loved ones stay healthy. Your PCP doesn't just treat you when you're sick. They provide preventative care to help you avoid illness.
Your PCP serves as your healthcare partner and leads your medical team. When needed, they also connect you with the right specialists, at the right times, and communicate with all of your other physicians to ensure a coordinated care plan.
Your PCP can help you and your family with:
- Preventive care to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes keeping you up to date with screening tests and immunizations.
- Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses and injuries. Unless you are experiencing a medical emergency, your primary care physician is your first stop if you get ill or suffer a minor injury;
otherwiseyou should immediately go to the nearest emergency room.
- Coordinating your medical care. If you have one or more chronic conditions, your PCP is key to coordinating your unique care plan. Your PCP ensures that you see the right specialists at the right
times,and that your treatments and medications don’t interfere with one another.
Primary Care Services
Stamford Health's primary care team is dedicated to prevention and wellness. You can expect:
- Board-certified doctors in Stamford, CT and beyond specializing in various sub-specialties
- Expertise in diagnosing and treating simple, complex or chronic health conditions
- A long-term focus on your overall well-being
What is internal medicine?
Internal medicine focuses on the care, prevention, treatment, and diagnosis of physical and mental diseases in adolescents through seniors. Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment and compassionate care of their patients.
What is family medicine?
A family medicine specialist manages the care of the entire family. Their philosophy of care emphasizes the value of family.
What is concierge medicine?
Concierge medicine, also called personalized medicine or concierge care, allows physicians to take on a limited number of patients. Concierge care is like a membership that offers certain services, not typically covered by health insurance, in exchange for an annual fee. Stamford Health Medical Group concierge care offers the following benefits:
- 24/7 availability to your doctor via personal cell phone
- More one-on-one quality time with your doctor
- House calls if needed and appropriate
- Same-day and extended appointments honored
- Option for your doctor to serve as your attending physician, should you need to be admitted to Stamford Hospital
Your Medical Home
Stamford Health Medical Group is pleased to announce that we've received notification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) informing us that we have achieved Level Three