Programs & Services
Challenge yourself and improve your health!
There’s so much to try here at HFI. From our high-energy group fitness classes to our comprehensive aquatics facility and everything in between, you’re bound to find something for your lifestyle. HFI offers a wide variety of classes, specialty programs and services. *
*Not all will be offered at all times. A fee may apply for certain classes or programs. See fitness desk for details.
Personal Training and Fitness Programs
Your HFI membership includes a variety of fee-for-service personal training options to meet your fitness training needs. Options include one-on-one private training, semi-private training for two, and small group training for three or more. We even offer a Get Going package of three sessions to get you started safely and confidently.
Our qualified personal trainers will provide you with the specific type of training you want at the intensity level that’s right for you.
- Are you a beginner? A personal trainer can provide basic fitness education and give you confidence to get off to a great start.
- Are you experienced? A personal trainer can evaluate your routine and design programs to make your training even more effective.
Packages are available in 30- and 60-minute sessions.
Group Fitness Programs
Group fitness at HFI means energizing cardiovascular workouts, results-producing resistance training, and a balance of invigorating yet relaxing mind-body classes. Delivered by some of the best instructors in the industry, our group fitness classes are fun and innovative and will have you reaching new levels in health and wellness!
Every week, we offer over 80 group fitness classes—all free to members—including:
- Group ACTIVE, Group POWER, Group FIGHT and Zumba
- Miracle Ball Method classes, which offer relief for chronic pain
- Pilates (Reformer and Mat) and Yoga (including gentle Yoga)
- Aqua Fitness, Aqua Zumba and Aqua Arthritis
HFI offers a spectrum of classes, workshops and clinics, all with the goal of improved fitness and wellness for our members. Many of these offerings are developed and often presented by Stamford Hospital medical professionals.
Among the programs we may offer are:
- Yoga, meditation, and other integrative wellness programs
- Condition-based programs for those living with diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, fibromyalgia and more
- Miracle Ball Method clinics and workshops, for intensive work on relieving chronic pain
HFI offers a variety of massage therapies to relieve stress, improve circulation, reduce tension, and alleviate muscle soreness. All of our therapists are licensed in Connecticut and trained to provide you with a massage that fits your needs and preferences.
Among the modalities we may offer are:
- Deep tissue
- Raindrop therapy
- Trigger point
- Hot stone
- Lymph node drainage
- Myofascial release therapy
- Therapeutic pregnancy and postpartum
Come on in: the water here really is warm! Our aquatic center features a 5-lane, 25-yard salt water lap pool, warm-water therapeutic pool and hot tub.
You’re going to enjoy our salt water pool: it’s just as safe and sanitary as other pools, but uses fewer chemicals and leaves you without the dry skin, red eyes and discolored hair from chlorine.
Beyond our facilities, though, you’ll be amazed at what happens in the pools. Each week, we offer more than 20 water-based exercise classes, for all ability levels! These may include:
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Zumba
- Aqua Arthritis
- Water Striding
- Deep Water
- Ai Chi
Lap swimming lanes are always available, even when classes are in session.