Not all fitness centers are alike!
While HFI offers many popular programs and classes, features top-quality equipment and facilities, and works to ensure that all our members make progress, there’s so much more here. The difference begins with being part of the Stamford Hospital community.
HFI is a complete fitness and aquatic center, featuring:
- Over 100 pieces of state-of-the-art cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Large aquatic center with a 25-yard salt water lap pool, warm-water therapeutic pool, and hot tub
- Locker rooms with steam and sauna
- Personalized exercise routines designed by our fitness specialists
- Personal training programs
- Huge variety (80-85+) of group exercise classes offered every week in our two group exercise studios and aquatic center
- Wellness, stress reduction, and pain management programs, including the one-of-a-kind Miracle Ball Method workshops and clinics
- Comprehensive holistic wellness programs, including massage therapy, Yoga, Pilates, Meditation, and more.
Our Medical Focus. Our Difference.
Stamford Hospital’s skilled professionals and top-quality programs allow us to offer unique, medically-based classes and workshops. We’re also able to deliver comprehensive step-down rehabilitation for cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, cancer recovery, physical therapy and more.
Among our exercise programs that are designed and often presented by medical professionals are condition-specific for those with Parkinson’s disease, fibromyalgia and chronic back pain.
A Great Place for New and Returning Exercisers
We’re pleased to serve your needs and offer so many options for exercise, at all levels of ability.
For those starting or returning to regular exercise, we begin by evaluating your health and setting fitness goals, then design a program to get you started safely and confidently. You’ll have as much guidance as you need as you make progress in improving your wellness and lifestyle.
For seniors, we offer balance and mobility programs to help prevent falls. We host senior health walks on our track each week, and also offer a full range of Arthritis Foundation classes, both in and out of the pool.
Options for Holistic Wellness
We offer a comprehensive range of programs and treatments for those seeking an integrative approach to health, one that addresses both physical and emotional well-being. Our many options include:
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong
- Yoga and Pilates
- Massage, including chair massage, Lymph Drainage, Reflexology, Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point and Myofascial Release Therapy
Health & Fitness Institute Class Schedule
There’s so much to try here at HFI. From our high-energy group fitness classes to our comprehensive aquatics facility and everything in between, you’re bound to find something for your lifestyle. HFI offers a wide variety of classes, specialty programs and services.