The Pediatric Center of Stamford is now part of Stamford Health Medical Group.
Looking for a pediatrician or need to make an appointment?
From infancy through the teenage years and beyond, your children’s health needs are constantly changing. As pediatricians and parents ourselves, we want to see children thrive, succeed, develop, and most of all, enjoy life to the fullest.
When you’re looking for a pediatrician, you want someone who’s easy to talk to, focused and committed to every aspect of your child’s well-being through all life’s stages.
Stamford Health Medical Group’s pediatricians have decades of experience and have the qualities you’re looking for in a trusted care partner. While pediatric medicine is ever-changing, our principle philosophies remain the same for your child and for your family:
- We believe in a team approach to treating children—that’s why you can depend on Stamford Health Medical Group’s pediatricians to ensure excellent and evidence-based care for your child.
- We’re a designated Patient-Centered Medical Home, a personal model of healthcare that leads to better outcomes.
- Preventive medicine is the best treatment against serious diseases.
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness and safety of vaccines. Vaccines are essential in protecting your child, your family and the community. All children and young adults should receive the recommended immunizations according to the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Your Child's First Visit
Do you have a newborn?
If you’re the parent, or about to be the parent of a newborn, congratulations! The labor and delivery team at Stamford Hospital will let us know your baby has arrived.
- At the time of delivery, you will be asked to designate a pediatrician for the care of your baby. When you mention our names, as pediatricians at the Stamford Health Medical Group, the hospital team will make sure to contact us for you. No further registration is needed.
- A pediatrician will meet you and your baby at Stamford Hospital the morning after you’ve given birth to do an initial assessment.
- If you’re having your baby at a hospital other than Stamford, please ask the hospital staff to fax your child’s medical records to our office.
Learn more about tests and vaccines for your baby right after birth.
Do you have an older child?
If you're new to town or transferring from another practice, we would like to welcome you and your older child. We'll ask you to register your child by filling out forms that our staff will provide.
Your Child's Well Visit
Your Infant’s Well Visits
The first office visit for your baby is usually 2-4 days after your baby leaves the hospital. At this visit, we’ll:
- Check your baby’s weight.
- Perform a physical exam.
- Answer any questions you may have about your baby’s development.
Following this initial visit, we will see your baby as needed or until he or she begins to eat and gain weight at a consistent pace.
- Depending on your baby's specific needs, we may see him or her daily or every few days for his or her first two weeks of life.
- Once we're comfortable your baby is growing well, we will then schedule visits for the following ages: 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 24 months and 30 months.
Regular well care and immunizations are key to keeping your baby healthy, monitoring development and preventing illness. We will work with you to schedule well-child visits at the ages recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Please note: we require that your children have completed their entire primary vaccines by 2 years of age at the latest. If you’re concerned about any of the vaccines, please contact us. If you absolutely refuse to vaccinate your child, we will ask you to find another pediatric practice that shares your philosophy
Your Toddler or Older Child’s Well Visits
- After the three-year checkup, we like to see children for a yearly exam until they turn five.
- From age five until puberty, we still prefer to see your child once a year for exams, but please check with your insurance provider about coverage.
- If your child has ongoing or new medical conditions or takes daily or frequent medication, we may need to see your child more frequently.
Your Teenager’s Well Visits
During the teen years, we suggest annual exams. One of our primary functions as pediatricians is counseling and guidance during what can be an emotionally challenging time for both adolescent boys and adolescent girls. We strive to maintain trusting doctor-patient relationships with adolescents as they navigate their new growth and development.
Your Child's Sick Visit
Sick visits are available by appointment, usually the same day you call, or by walk-in during designated walk-in hours. You may always request a specific doctor when making a scheduled sick appointment (i.e. not during walk-in hours) if he or she is available.