If you have injuries and conditions affecting your bones, joints, and muscles, our interdisciplinary team will work closely together to give you the highest-quality care possible to align with our mission, vision, and values. Our clinicians collaborate with you and your regular physician to develop a personalized treatment plan that best meets your needs.
Stamford Hospital with Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), have entered into a collaborative agreement to create the premier center for specialty orthopedic care in New England.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Non-surgical and surgical treatments for orthopedic conditions, utilizing minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
- The option for an inpatient rehabilitation program in our Van Munching Rehabilitation unit. We're one of the few hospitals in Connecticut to offer this.
- Our orthopedic program manager can provide additional support, education and navigation for those who are referred. Please contact her at 475.333.2733.
- The skills and expertise of our board-certified physicians and specially trained nurses coming from some of the most prestigious fellowship institutions in the country.
- A commitment to safety and quality, from nursing to infection prevention efforts. Our collective team meets monthly and works together daily to ensure continued compliance with standards, oftentimes exceeding national expectations.
It’s always our goal to encourage active, healthy lifestyles. Services available at Chelsea Piers right in Stamford include on-site health screenings and use the CPCT facility as a platform for other public education-based health initiatives to help support this goal. Our scope of expertise and offerings include the following:
The Hospital received Joint Commission certification for Total Hip and Total Knee programs. SH also received Joint Commission certification for its Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery program; the first hospital in Connecticut with this certification.