Community Health Needs Assessment
We are committed to serving you, the residents of the Lower Fairfield County region, with a comprehensive array of programs and services to improve your health and well-being. To ensure we meet our community’s needs, we regularly conduct a Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA). The CHNA gives Stamford Health the opportunity to assess the health of our community every three years. We do this by analyzing publicly available data, by collecting data through surveys and by conducting interviews and focus groups with members of our community.
With this data, we then aim to:
- Determine the availability of health care resources for our community;
- Prioritize the health needs of our community; and
- Develop an action plan that will help guide Stamford Health in serving the community now and in the years to come.
Since Stamford Health aims to address the diverse needs of the community we support, we span many topics in our programs.
Our areas of interest include:
- Providing chronic disease management
- Health Risk Awareness programming
- Physician seminars
- Community collaborative and school-based events
Our specific programs include:
- Kids’ Fitness and Nutrition Services (KIDS’ FANS ): A community-wide, collaborative program designed to promote smart eating, physical activity and a healthy weight among our children and their families. By partnering with the City of Stamford and local community organizations, Stamford Health sponsors fitness and nutrition classes at schools, community centers, and the Tully Health Center.
- Through our partnership with the West Side Neighborhood Revitalization Zone, a group comprised of residential and business interests, we collaborate with community residents and the city’s housing authority to improve Stamford’s West Side.
- We work with Optimus Health Center to provide much-needed primary and specialty care services to the underserved. The Center operates twelve locations, all certified by The Joint Commission across Southwestern Connecticut.
- As a member of the Stamford Community Collaborative, Stamford Hospital works with the Vita Health & Wellness District in Stamford, Connecticut, to help the people who live and work in the West Side community to be as healthy as possible. Learn more
Stamford Health provides care to all regardless of socio-economic status. In 2020, this included approximately $90 million in uncompensated care to our community. In addition, the Hospital provides free transportation and medical supplies upon discharge from the Hospital to those in need.