The Planetree Philosophy of Care
Stamford Health’s Approach
At Stamford Health, our priority is you. While “patient-centered care” is talked about in a variety of ways, the essential theme is this: the importance of delivering care in a way that works best for you. Patient-centered care is the core of a high quality health care system and a necessary foundation for safe, effective, efficient, timely, and equitable care. That’s what makes Stamford Hospital a Planetree Designated® Patient-Centered Hospital.
What does this mean for you?
- You’re an individual to be cared for, not just a medical condition to be treated.
- You’re a unique person with diverse needs.
- You and your loved ones are our partners, sharing knowledge and expertise that’s essential to your care.
- Access to easily understandable health information is essential in empowering you to participate in your care. We take full responsibility for providing you access to that information.
- The opportunity for you to make decisions is also essential to your well-being. We take full responsibility for giving you these opportunities and for respecting your choices.
- Each staff member is a caregiver, whose role it is to meet your needs. And, we meet your needs better when our staff members are supported by an organization that helps them meet their personal and professional aspirations.
What do we believe?
- We are all caregivers.
- We are all human beings, caring for other human beings.
- Caregiving is best achieved through kindness and compassion.
- Safe, accessible, high-quality care is fundamental to patient-centered care.
- In a holistic approach to meeting your needs of mind, body, and spirit.
- Families, friends, and loved ones are vital to the healing process.
- In access to your health information in a way that’s easy to understand.
- In the opportunity for you to make personal choices when it comes to your care.
- Physical environments can enhance healing, health, and well-being.
- Illness can be a transformational experience for you, your loved ones, and your caregivers.
How do we personalize healthcare?
We respond to your needs and desires with integrative therapies like Massage, Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, and Pet Therapy. We combine truly the individualized healthcare you deserve with the state-of-the-art medical care you need.
The Nurturing Aspects of Food
We believe nutrition is integral to healing, not only for good health but also for pleasure, comfort, and familiarity. Our At Your Request room service program allows you to choose meals that best fit your tastes and schedule.
Spirituality & Cultural Diversity
We recognize the vital role of spirituality in caring for the whole person. Our Spiritual Care Chaplains offer care, comfort, and support for you and your loved ones, 24/7.
Arts & Entertainment
Music and art can soothe the mind and feed the soul. Our volunteer support programs like the HA HA clowns and the Sunshine Team provide entertainment and diversion to help decrease stress and increase engagement.
How do we humanize healthcare?
We believe a supportive, caring environment for patients, families, and staff is essential to providing quality care. We are all the caregivers with the ability to positively impact the patient experience. We have volunteers who visit daily and provide comfort and support, or simply a kind word.
A soft touch can make a big difference during a hospital stay. Our volunteer Tender Touch staff offers hand and foot massage which helps reduce stress so the mind and body have a chance to heal.
We’ve created environments that are warm and welcoming with design focuses on comfort and removing barriers between patient and staff. We offer The Care Channel to help you relax, and as rest is vital, we make every effort to provide a quiet environment 24 hours a day.
Family, Friends, and Social Support
We recognize the importance of family support during stressful times. To accommodate these needs, we offer Patient Directed Visitation where you can choose your visitors. Our Care Partner Program provides an opportunity for a designated family member to participate in areas of routine care and education to support their loved one in recovery.
Support from Volunteers
Volunteers play an important part in the daily routine of the hospital by enhancing the services provided by both medical and non-medical departments. Adult and junior volunteers are here to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They can provide friendly visits, deliver your newspapers, mail and flowers, and much more. Some volunteers even speak a second language. The staff of Volunteer Services is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To contact the Volunteer Services Department, call 203.276.7521.
How do we demystify healthcare?
Information & Education
Hospitalization can be a life-changing event. We view it as an opportunity to provide you with the necessary information to participate in your own healing. We make Hourly Rounds and have a Shared Medical Record policy so you can review your chart with your caregiver. We call every one of our patients once they have been discharged.
With our community partners, we’re redefining healthcare to include the health and well-being of our larger community. Our Paint the Town Pink events and Hope in Motion are two examples. We believe “going green” will provide better care for you, our community, and our planet. And we encourage volunteers to join us in this effort.