Graduate Medical Education
Residency Programs at Stamford Hospital
Are you ready to be part of a community that offers clinical sophistication, complex cases, a team-oriented environment, and a commitment to Planetree patient-centered care? We understand that for you, medical education is a serious and special commitment, and we value the unique dimension teaching brings to our services here at Stamford Hospital. We are proud of our affiliation with the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University and promise to provide you with a rich, dynamic environment that only teaching hospitals possess. Furthermore, the city of Stamford has much to offer in the way of accessibility, nightlife, and cultural diversity.
If you choose to do your residency with us, your experience will be unique. You’ll be a vital part of a community hospital which offers not only extensive clinical exposure to a broad range of medical problems, but also the opportunity to experience meaningful involvement with patients and their families. You’ll be contributing to a unique philosophy of care with the latest in medical knowledge and expertise. You’ll also enjoy the intellectual stimulation and growth that comes from listening to, and associating with, many of the foremost medical specialists of our day who are regular contributors to Grand Rounds.
Residency Programs we Offer
Our residency programs are well known and at levels seldom found in a community hospital setting. We develop close relationships with our residents to help develop superior clinical physicians with a broad knowledge of medicine, excellent technical skills, and mature, informed judgment in the following areas:
Your Benefits as a Resident
Our highly trained faculty will be accessible to you as much as possible, allowing you the ability to gain vast experience in your field of choice.
To reward you for all your hard work, we offer you an extremely valuable and competitive benefits package that includes the following:
Additional Valuable Benefits
- Paid time off
- Housing opportunities
- Childcare stipend
- Malpractice insurance
- Cafeteria subsidy
- Employee assistance program
- Employee credit union
- Employee health services
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Meal pass for use on-premises
- Four lab coats and scrub sets
- Reduced rate at Sarner Health & Fitness Institute
- An Annual Contract and Housing Allowance of $450 a month.
- Medical and Dental Insurance: Coverage begins on your first day of employment. Employee cost is based on the plan selected and number of people enrolled. Employee contributions are on a pre-tax basis.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Reimbursement Program: Employee contributes pre-tax dollars to an account from which eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses are reimbursed.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Program: Employee contributes pre-tax dollars to an account from which eligible dependent care expenses related to that employment are reimbursed.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Stamford Health System pays premiums. LTD insurance provides financial security if an accident or sickness prevents the employee from working for more than 90 days while he or she is totally disabled.
- Life Insurance: Coverage is effective on the first day of employment. Premiums are paid by Stamford Health System for life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Supplemental Insurance: Supplemental life insurance and short-term disability insurance are available for employees and family members via payroll deductions through Charles Warner Company.
- Tax-Deferred Annuities: Several long-term savings plan options geared toward retirement are available through W.H.H. Reese and Co., Inc. Payroll deductions are on a pre-tax basis.