Stamford Health Medical Group (SHMG) is a physician-led, professionally managed and quality-driven multi-specialty medical group with 40+ offices in lower Fairfield County. Part of Stamford Health, SHMG includes physicians in medical and surgical specialties, all committed to patient-centered care.
Our goal is to offer you more choices. More primary care doctors and specialists to choose from. More office hours, with locations in Wilton, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Riverside and Stamford; giving you more flexibility to choose a doctor that meets your needs. At Stamford Health Medical Group, we provide more comprehensive care that is close to home or work.
Your primary care physician (PCP) serves as your healthcare partner and leads your medical team. He or she coordinates and communicates with everyone involved to ensure you have the best possible care for your unique needs. This is especially important if you have more than one medical issue or chronic condition.
Your PCP can help you and your family with:
- Preventive care to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes keeping you up to date with screening tests and immunizations.
- Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses and injuries. Unless you are experiencing a medical emergency, your primary care doctor is your first stop if you get ill or suffer a minor injury; otherwise you should immediately go to the nearest emergency room.
- Coordinating your medical care. If you have one or more chronic conditions, your PCP is key to coordinating your unique care plan. Your PCP ensures that you see the right specialists at the right times, and that your treatments and medications don’t interfere with one another.
- Internal Medicine: Internal medicine focuses on the care, prevention, treatment, and diagnosis of physical and mental diseases in adolescents through seniors.
Learn More About Primary Care
We take both the spread and prevention of infectious diseases seriously. Our board-certified infectious disease specialists and infection prevention nurses work hard to protect and promote the health of our community, staff, and patients.
Specialists in infectious diseases focus on:
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases
- Travel medicine
- Antibiotic resistant bacterial infections
- Hospital acquired infections
Learn more about infectious disease
Services provided include:
- EEG readings
- Scheduling for appropriate testing, including blood work, MRIs and EEGs, and spinal tap
Learn more about Neurology
Our approach is safe, evidenced-based, and geared toward your unique situation. Our integrative medicine doctors work directly with you and your Stamford Health medical team to deliver you an approach to care that allows us to blend conventional and complementary medicine. Our goal is to make use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches. We work with you and your physicians to develop a coordinated, multidisciplinary treatment plan that reflects who you are, how you live, and what your personal goals may be.
Learn more about Integrative Medicine