Stamford Health’s COVID-19 Hotline
Patient and Visitor Safety
COVID-19 Message From CEO
"I am reminding everyone around me to follow the 4Ws: Wear your mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands and Wipe down surfaces. These have been and will continue to be effective if each of us dedicates ourselves to these behaviors and sets the example for family and friends."
Read Her Message
Feel confident and comfortable in all Stamford Health facilities because we are taking steps to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
Stamford Health continues to:
- Follow standard and robust infection prevention measures
- Monitor patients and staff for symptoms
- Urge staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
We are pleased to welcome visitors on a limited basis, following the safety precautions and guidance outlined below.
When To Take Action
Use this guide if you have concerns about COVID-19 and are not sure what to do.
If you are having a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency department.
If you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (cold, cough, fever, difficulty breathing) but are concerned, contact your doctor.
If you were exposed to COVID-19 in your community or while traveling but do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (cold, cough, fever, difficulty breathing, contact your local health department.
For most people without symptoms, COVID-19 testing is not recommended.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (cold, cough, fever of 100 degrees or higher), difficulty breathing):
- Call your doctor for directions.
- Call hotline, 203-276-4111, to speak with a member from the Stamford Health care team 7 days a week from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Ways to Help
Thank you for the incredible outpour of support. We are honored to be your trusted health care partner. Together, we will get through this. If you would like to help, consider the following or download our shareable flyer:
Help Flatten the Curve
First, the most important thing you can do right now is help slow the spread of the virus:
- Avoid close contact with others
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow
- Practice safe social distancing to prevent being exposed or exposing others to the virus
- Wash your hands often
Give Monetary Gifts
Donations provide the most flexibility for the hospital and are the great way to express gratitude during unprecedented times, such as the COVID-19 outbreak.
Donate to Stamford Health's COVID-19 Pandemic Response Fund (CPR-F)
The most urgent needs, include:
- N95 masks (3M models 1860, 1860-S, 1870)
- Surgical or KN95 masks
- Homemade face masks
- Level 2 gowns
- Germicidal Wipes
- Alcohol prep pads
- Bleach wipes
- Hand sanitizer
To donate supplies:
Stamford Health appreciates your generosity, but is unable to accept all donations, including some homemade items.
Thank you for your generosity. Before donating food, it is imperative that you comply with the following rules. All food must:
1. First be approved by Deborah Fedeli, email@example.com or 203.276.4020. Deborah will help coordinate a schedule that coincides with other donations.
2. Come from a restaurant or licensed catering company AND
3. Be carefully sealed and placed in individual boxes or containers
4. NOT be home made or shareable (e.g. pizzas or large trays).
It is crucial that we do not receive any shareable or home made food as it poses cross-contamination risks. We have no choice but to dispose of or return any such items.
Thank you again for your thoughtfulness and understanding.