Talk to Us
We're here to help. For questions about your child's hospital stay, call Kathy Livolsi, our Director of Maternal/Child Health at 203.276.7179. For questions about billing or insurance, call Care Management at 203.276.7557.
Our pediatric surgeons take a compassionate, family-centered approach to both inpatient and outpatient care. We’re committed to making sure both you and your child understand our process.
We understand that diagnosing and treating a child's illness can be stressful and confusing for your family. If your child is staying with us, we’re here to provide you with all the information to help you and your child prepare. We also make sure you’re familiar with our services and amenities available for your child’s comfort during his or her time with us
Surgery admission process for your child
- Your child's doctor will tell you on what day your child will be admitted, as well as discuss any necessary steps beforehand.
- A nurse will call you the day before surgery to tell you when and where you should arrive at the hospital. This is because surgical schedules change frequently due to the sensitive nature of the procedures. We’ll also tell you what to bring to ensure you arrive with all necessary information and personal belongings.
- Your child will get an ID band upon check-in. The band contains important information that will help us meet your child’s individual needs. If the child's band is removed, falls off, or becomes uncomfortable, let a nurse know immediately.
Our healthcare team works with you to plan your child’s discharge. Our team will:
- Help you understand post-surgery care at home as well as identify available community resources.
- Give you any required prescriptions prior to discharge.
- Ensure you and your child leave with all questions answered.
Pediatric outpatient (day) surgery
Book a Teddy Bear Tour
Tours are held Mondays from 3:30 PM-4 PM at the Tully Surgery Center. Call us at 203.276.6196.
We perform most pediatric outpatient surgeries at our convenient Tully Health Center, where there is valet parking, a resource library with internet access, a cafe, and an on-site pharmacy. And because all children love teddy bears, they have the chance to meet Teddy, our Tully Bear! We arrange for Tully Teddy Bear Tours before surgery to help kids learn about their upcoming operation and ask questions.
Children and their parents will also meet the surgical team and tour the operating room. Nurses and an anesthesiologist will be on hand to answer any questions and create a positive family experience. Plus, children can enjoy refreshments and a complimentary coloring book that helps them understand what to expect the day of surgery.