The Stamford Health Center for Integrative Medicine & Wellness is an insurance-based consultative outpatient service, working in collaboration with referring physicians to develop appropriate therapeutic plans for patients. Our team is trained in both conventional and complementary medicine. Our specialized services include:
- Athlete & the Arts Program
- Integrative Cardiology
- Women’s Integrative Health
- Integrative Weight Loss
- Mind Body Therapies
- Pain Management
Patients may call and schedule an appointment themselves or make arrangements through their referring physician. We also ask that the referring physician coordinate sending of all pertinent medical information before the appointment.
The first appointment is a comprehensive interview, where we learn as much as we can about the patient's medical condition, goals, energy level, and lifestyle. After consultation with the patient and a review of medical records, we will send a report back to the patient's primary care physician and call for a follow-up discussion. Recommendations for the patient will be reviewed with the PCP as well as the patient.
What Makes the Center Unique?
- Consultation service with oversight by physicians trained in integrative medicine
- Partnership with the patients' primary and specialist physicians (referral basis)
- A majority of our patients are physician-driven referrals
- Most insurance accepted, including Medicare
- Easily available to patients by email and phone
Integrative Medicine Fellowship
Stamford Health is proud to offer a two-year Integrative Medicine Fellowship. This program offers a unique clinical experience in evidence-based complementary therapies in pain management, nutrition/supplement consultation, stress management with guided imagery and mindfulness meditation, and preventive cardiology. Our consultation practice is a wonderful opportunity for learning this important perspective of medical care. Fellows will be funded to complete the 1,000-hour University of Arizona distance learning and residential curriculum as well as a 300-hour acupuncture program for physicians. The salary and benefits of the two-year fellowship is PGY-4 and PGY-5, respectively for each year.
Year 1 fellows will spend 50 percent of their time in the hospital's primary care family medicine clinic for under-insured patients, and 50 percent of their time at the Center for Integrative Medicine and Wellness. Year 2 fellows will spend 100 percent of their time at the Center.
Visiting Scholar Program
The clinical stories and patient care outcomes at CIMW offer a rich resource for teaching Integrative Medicine Fellows at CIMW as well as for learning activities for medical students and medical residents. The Visiting Scholar Program is designed for clinician leaders who are implementing integrative medicine care services.
The Center’s clinical model is a high-volume, out-patient, insurance-based, sub-specialty medical clinic that provides the following integrative medicine services:
1) Pain management
2) Nutrition and supplement consultation
3) Mind-body stress reduction
4) Lifestyle medicine
Working with our Center’s physicians provides the Visiting Scholar with exposure to the following:
- Evidence-based, condition specific dietary approaches
- Stress reduction with mind-body therapies including an innovative hypnosis – acupuncture therapy
- Evidence-based integrative pain management therapies
- Integrative Medicine special programs in Women’s Health, Sports Medicine including post-concussion, and performing arts medicine
- Documentation, coding, billing, and reimbursement
- Staffing and team function
- Quality monitoring
Visiting Scholars will obtain an immersion experience in a thriving integrative medicine practice. Participants will benefit from an opportunity for ongoing mentorship with the Center’s physicians and networking.
Applicants are asked to send a CV, preferred date, and any specific needs/goals to Melisha Curry at email@example.com.
- By Day: $1,000
- By Week: $2,500