Internal Medicine Residency Program
Clinical experience. Expert faculty. Personalized training.
At Stamford Hospital, we are proud to be part of a health system rich in both clinical and cultural diversity, and stimulation and learning. Clinical training here is supported by:
- A new state-of-the-art hospital facility
- An academic environment with strong ties to the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University
- A broad range of expertise among attending physicians with experience in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures across subspecialties
- An emphasis on patient-centered care and interprofessional collaboration
Should you decide to pursue Internal Medicine residency training at Stamford Hospital, you’ll learn to manage diverse medical issues across the spectrum of inpatient, intensive care and ambulatory settings, and you will have a wide choice of career options. Our 3-year Internal Medicine residency program offers multiple approaches to medical education, including:
- Modified block scheduling system that allows for relative separation of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- A comprehensive didactic curriculum delivered in a protected academic half day format supplemented by inpatient and outpatient online curriculums
- Substantial opportunities for research and other scholarly activities
- Individualized faculty mentorship program to guide career decisions
- Excellent fellowship match record in competitive specialties
In the Stamford Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program, you’ll be one of 21 residents. The relatively small size provides you with a unique opportunity for us to tailor an educational plan to meet your individual needs. Our goal is to help you maximize your strengths and work on areas of opportunity and improvement.