At Stamford Hospital, we represent strength of partnership and collaboration with the region’s leading physicians, and of a never-ending mission to bring access to the highest quality of care to everyone we serve. Our collective mission is to be the recognized regional center for health.
WHAT COULD A CAREER AT STAMFORD HOSPITAL MEAN FOR YOU?A career at Stamford Hospital offers the opportunity to be a part of our vision. To live our values as part of an engaged and passionate workforce that comes together in a multidisciplinary environment based on mutual respect and trust. A workforce that is supported by the clinical and technological resources necessary to achieve the highest quality of patient care.
To ensure we attract the talent necessary to continuously enhance our workforce and support our mission, we offer an exceptionally competitive compensation and benefits package, a culture of development, opportunity and commitment to excellence, and an organization recognized for its accomplishments throughout the communities we serve and beyond.
Here, you will make a difference.
- Stamford is in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- As of July 1, 2014, according to the Census Bureau, the population of Stamford had risen to 128,278, making it the third largest city in the state and the seventh largest city in New England. Here you will find a community of physicians collaborating to deliver safe, effective and exceptional care.
- Approximately 30 miles (50 kilometers) from Manhattan, Stamford is in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk Metro area which is a part of the Greater New York metropolitan area.
- Stamford is home to four Fortune 500 Companies, nine Fortune 1000 Companies, and numerous divisions of large corporations.
- This gives Stamford the largest financial district in the New York Metro area outside New York City itself and one of the largest concentrations of corporations in the nation.
STAMFORD HEALTH SYSTEM
The only hospital in lower Fairfield County with:
- The clinical sophistication of a large academic medical center with the feel of a community hospital
- A comprehensive cardiac program that includes open heart surgery, advanced electrophysiology, interventional cardiology and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Level 2 Trauma Program, enhanced by the new helipad
- Cancer Center accredited as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program with CyberKnife technology.
- A Level 3B Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Recognition by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Perinatal Care, Pneumonia, Stroke and Surgical Care. One of only 9% of accredited hospitals in the US and one of only three in CT to be recognized in six or more key areas.
OUR STRATEGIC AFFILIATIONS
- A major teaching affiliate of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (P&S). 100% of P&S medical students complete clinical rotations at Stamford Hospital.
- Stamford Hospital is the second hospital in CT and one of only 17 acute care hospitals in the world to hold “Designation with Distinction” as a Planetree hospital in recognition of exceptional, personalized patient care.
- One of only six hospitals in CT to receive Magnet® Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The Bennett Cancer Center was the first in CT selected to join the Dana-Farber/Brigham & Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative.
- Entered into collaborative partnership with the Hospital for Special Surgery to create the premier center for advanced orthopedics in New England.
- The hospital recognizes one physician each quarter to receive its Physician Recognition Award.
- Annual meeting and holiday celebration every December, honoring physicians who are celebrating milestone anniversaries, and recognition of all physicians on National Doctors’ Day in March.
THE NEW STAMFORD HOSPITAL
- Opened in September 2016, our new hospital features all private patient rooms and an Emergency Department with distinct treatment areas for pediatrics, trauma, cardiac care, urgent care and behavioral health. The new ED has the only dedicated pediatric emergency department in the region.
- The building reflects our holistic approach to healing, with spacious rooms, natural light, noise control and a calming and welcoming environment.
- One of several safety features includes lipless shower floors to reduce falls.
SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOU AND YOUR PRACTICE
- Over 700 physicians and ancillary staff in 11 clinical departments and nearly every specialty.
- Quarterly Medical Staff meetings with web-conferencing capabilities.
- Personalized onboarding that includes an overview of clinical services, in-person introduction to Hospital staff with whom you will be working, personalized preference cards and a buddy system that partners new physicians with a colleague to facilitate your welcome to Stamford Health.
- Customized surgical orientation to assure high-quality patient care.
- Communication, Appreciation, Recognition and Empowerment (CARE) dinners, which bring physicians together with administration to facilitate practice success and collaboration.
- View radiology imaging studies performed at Stamford Health–Hospital and outpatient centers–on your iOS/Android smart phone, tablet or personal computer.
- Quarterly educational practice manager luncheons provided by Physician Relations Department.
- Discounted rates for your office EMR system through eClinicalWorks.
- A Physician Relations Department focused on practice and business development, networking, identifying and resolving physician issues and customer service concerns, and sharing best practices.
- Free physician Vital Work Life Program to help physicians and their families manage the stress of their personal and professional lives. The program includes counseling, physician wellness, peer counseling and a concierge program just for physicians and their families. This program is available on an app for iPhone and Android operating systems.
PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- CME credits at conferences, meetings and online, as well as access to MedNews PLUS, an internet based education program covering specialty specific CME topics.
- Research opportunities–initiate or participate through the Office of Research with experience in Phase I through IV clinical trials.
- World-class graduate medical education programs in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Orthopedic Surgery.
- A medical library that has one of the top collections of clinical research journals in Connecticut and a large selection of textbooks in print and online.
CONNECT WITH PEERS AND HAVE A VOICE
- More than 200 physicians participate on committees and strategic initiatives.
- An exceptional physician community dedicated to sage, effective medical care.
- In 2016, 94% of respondents to the Physician Engagement Survey said they were proud to work at Stamford Hospital/Health.
- The Annual Physician Satisfaction/Engagement Survey identifies opportunities for improvement within the organization.
- Medical Staff have access to department chairs and senior leadership; Chief Medical Officer and President of the Medical Staff maintain open door policies.
The medical library at Stamford Hospital has one of the top collections of clinical research journals among both academic medical center and hospital libraries in Connecticut, as well as a robust collection of more than 2,000 medical and healthcare reference textbooks. It is a resource library for many other hospitals and academic health science centers in the tri-state area. The collection is designed to support the core clinical services and residency training programs at Stamford Hospital and Stamford Health Medical Group.
All online resources are available to staff and affiliated physicians both on-site and remotely, from home or office, via Stamford Hospital’s portal, MDConnect.
For staff and affiliated clinicians who require journal articles and other materials not available in the library, inter-library loan and document delivery services are provided. Turnaround time on requested articles is often less than 24 hours; for urgent patient-care needs, the library seeks to obtain requested articles within hours.
- 2,000 + clinical and reference textbooks
- 40 peer reviewed professional journal titles
- 200+ clinical and reference textbooks
- 2500+ peer reviewed professional journal titles
Evidence-based Practice & Research
- Access Medicine
- Access Surgery
- ACP Journal Club
- Cochrane Database
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- Natural Standard
behavioral health support
Stamford Health is one of the few health care organizations in the Northeast that offers a program such as Vital Worklife. VITAL WorkLife, Inc. is a premier national behavioral health consulting practice providing support to providers facing these challenges, while also assisting organizations in improving workplace productivity. We have deep experience in all aspects of behavioral health for individuals, teams, and organizations in dealing with work and life challenges. Our experience has led to our Proven Process with which we engage our client for a successful user journey. Our approach of helping both providers and their families, while also guiding organizations, builds healthy, sustainable behaviors.
Stamford Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class. We are committed to workplace diversity as a core value and take great pride in offering a professional environment that mirrors the diverse communities we serve, as per our code of conduct.