Meeting all emotional and spiritual needsAs human beings, we need and deserve peace, healing and support, all with a non-judgmental presence. But these factors mean different things to each one of us, especially in a community like Stamford Health. Whether you’re going through a tough time during your stay, or if you and your family could simply use some guidance, our dedicated team of chaplains is here for you day and night.
Here’s what you can expect from our Spiritual Care department:
- A group of passionate and understanding chaplains, Catholic priests, and numerous volunteers
- 24/7 support to patients, families, and Stamford Health staff
- A non-anxious, welcoming approach, regardless of your specific faith or beliefs
- A listening and healing presence, no matter your situation
- Our best effort in nurturing your spirit and making you feel as at home as possible
- Support in moving through grief and navigating through your new “normal”
If you wish to speak with a chaplain, arrange a visit, or request a spiritual caregiver of a specific faith, please call 203.276.1000, weekdays from 8 AM to 4 PM, and ask to be transferred to Spiritual Care. On evenings, holidays and weekends, please a nurse to contact a chaplain for you. We also welcome visits from your own clergyperson or faith community leader.
The Interfaith Chapel
Our Interfaith Chapel is always open for prayer and meditation. We hold Roman Catholic mass on Saturdays at 4:00pm.
Clinical Pastoral Education
Clinical Pastoral Education is interfaith professional education for ministry. It brings theological students and ministers of all faiths (pastors, priests, rabbis, imams and others) into supervised encounter with persons in crisis. Stamford Health’s CPE Program is accredited with the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
The 2022 Spring Semester Unit of CPE is currently in progress and ends July 1st 2022. Please contact Rev. ReBecca Sala, Manager of Spiritual Care and Certified Educator Candidate for further information at 203-276-7445 or email [email protected].