Visiting Hours & Guidelines
To align with our Planetree Philosophy of Patient-Centered Care, Stamford Hospital practices the following as a community of caregivers.
Patient and Visitor Safety
See Our Patient Handbook
A complete guide to your stay at Stamford Hospital.
We are happy to welcome all masked visitors from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- NICU and ICU visitors must be 18+.
- Emergency Department patients will be allowed 1 visitor.
- South One Inpatient Psychiatric Unit visitors will be welcomed from 6 – 8 p.m.; weekends and holidays from 2 – 4 p.m. and 6 – 8 p.m.
- Masks are still required in all Stamford Health facilities. Any visitor found not wearing a mask will be asked to leave.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat in patient rooms; visitors may visit our cafeteria or West Side Bistro in the atrium for dining and meals.
All visitors must:
- Enter through the Stamford Hospital Bennett Medical Center campus or the Medical Office Building.
- Be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Please be considerate of the need for rest during the healing process and limit visitation according to your loved one’s wishes and needs. Feel confident and comfortable in all Stamford Health facilities because we are taking steps to ensure your safety and the safety of others. If you have any questions or concerns about visitation, please don’t hesitate to consult the patient’s care team.
Stamford Health continues to:
- Require masks in all facilities
- Follow standard and robust infection prevention measures
- Monitor patients and staff for symptoms
- Mandate COVID-19 vaccination action for all employees
- Urge staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
Our Culture of Quiet
Rest is an important part of the healing process. In order to promote a restful and quiet environment, we observe daily quiet hours from 8 PM. to 6 AM. Please let the patient’s care team know if there’s anything we can do to ensure his or her quiet time is restful.
Smoking, Vaping and Tobacco Policy
To protect the wellbeing of our patients, staff and visitors, Stamford Health prohibits the use of all tobacco and vaping products in and around all Stamford Health buildings, properties, parking areas and on sidewalks. Thank you for complying.
Electronic Device Use
Please be courteous to those in and around a patient’s room when using electronic devices like cell phones, iPods, and handheld video games. We encourage the use of headphones when possible. If you have questions about usage, please ask a member of the patient’s care team.