Stamford Health received six 2016 Women’s Choice Awards®, recognizing it as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Obstetrics, Cancer Care, Breast Center, Stroke Center and America’s 100 Best Hospital’s for Patient Experience. The Women’s Choice Award is the only evidence-based designation that identifies the country’s best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction, clinical excellence, and what women say they want from a hospital. In addition, Stamford Hospital recently received Magnet® designation, the highest honor for exceptional patient care and outcomes, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing.
“The Women’s Choice Awards reflect our ongoing commitment to delivering an extraordinary healthcare experience, and we are honored to be distinguished in six categories this year,” said Kathleen Silard, RN, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Stamford Health. “As both a Magnet and Planetree-designated organization, we are proud to be recognized for providing a patient-centered, holistic approach to treating the mind, body and spirit of our patients and their families.”
- Stamford Health’s Heart & Vascular Institute, which provides the most comprehensive cardiac services in the region, was identified among the country’s top 352 healthcare institutions based on robust criteria such as female patient satisfaction, clinical excellence and what women say they want from a hospital.
- Stamford Health’s Obstetric Services were among the top 15% of hospitals considered the best in which to have a baby in 2016, and was awarded the 2016 Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics for the third consecutive year.
- Stamford Health’s Bennett Cancer Center earned the 2016 Women’s Choice Award for Cancer Care by meeting the highest cancer care accreditation standards of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, excellence in clinical performance in regards to patient safety measures and a high recommendation rates.
- Stamford Health’s Breast Center was recognized as a Best Breast Center, signifying a commitment to meeting the highest standards in caring for the needs of female patients, as well as meeting the rigorous standards of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and having Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) seal from the American College of Radiology.
- Being awarded the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Stroke Centers recognizes Stamford Health’s Stroke Center accreditation by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and ability to meet the high standards for stroke care as determined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Recognized as an America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience highlights Stamford Health’s continued commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience while demonstrating progressive leadership and extraordinary clinical collaboration.