Stamford Health is a major teaching affiliate of the Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University in New York City and is also a teaching affiliate of the Frank H. Netter School of Medicine of Quinnipiac University. Students from both medical schools are hosted at Stamford Health for clerkships and for electives and sub-internships for senior students.
On a limited basis, visiting students in academic good-standing at other US and Canadian medical schools, as well as select international medical schools, may be considered for the following opportunities:
- Medicine Sub-Internship
- Critical Care Sub-Internship
- Family Medicine Inpatient Sub-Internship
- Senior elective in Cardiology
- Senior elective in Hematology/Oncology
- Senior elective in Infectious Disease
To be eligible for consideration, a visiting student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a matriculated student in academic good-standing and enrolled in the final year of studies at one of the
- An accredited US or Canadian allopathic school of medicine,
- An accredited US or Canadian osteopathic school of medicine,
- Ben Gurion University Medical School,
- Sackler School of Medicine New York Program,
- Or, one of the following approved international medical schools listed here
- Have completed 4 – 6 core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery and 2 other specialties, including preferably the elective specialty for which the student wishes to be considered.
Inquiries about current opportunities available to students who meet the above criteria may be sent to the Stamford Health Office of Medical Education.
Note: The Office of Medical Education does not sponsor or arrange clinical shadowing/observer nor research internship opportunities.