Early Pregnancy Assessment and Family Planning
Early Pregnancy Assessment
You may have just taken a pregnancy test and are unsure how to interpret the result. Or, maybe you think you could be pregnant. How do you know for sure, and where do you go from here? The Early Pregnancy Assessment program at Stamford Health’s Women’s Specialty Center is here to help.
When you come for a consultation with us, we will:
- Determine whether or not you are pregnant and whether your pregnancy is viable
- Provide an on-site ultrasound and lab assessment, if appropriate
- Refer you to our experts in obstetrics and gynecology or maternal-fetal medicine if you need a doctor
The Early Pregnancy Assessment program works in close partnership with maternal-fetal medicine and genetics to manage pregnancies that are complicated or require additional medical support.
Family Planning and Contraception
For most women, birth control (contraception) is a matter of choosing among the many safe and effective options available. Sometimes, however, women have complex medical issues that require specialized consultation and monitoring for contraception. In either case, The Women's Specialty Center at Stamford Health is here to help you with family planning and contraception options.
Depend upon our expert staff of board-certified gynecologists and nurses to advise about the effectiveness, side effects, and convenience of each contraceptive method to help you find one that is best for you.
Contraceptive services include:
- Counseling regarding all available contraceptive methods to match your medical and social needs
- Hormonal and non-hormonal birth control methods
- Insertion and removal of IUDs (intrauterine devices) and arm implants
- Emergency contraception
- Sexually transmitted infection testing
- Adolescent reproductive healthcare
- Referrals for difficult IUD insertions or removal
- Contraception for those with complex medical conditions
If you have high blood pressure, a heart condition, obesity, or have had a blood clot or bariatric surgery, some options for family planning may pose greater risk. Our specialists are expert in complex contraception and will work with you and your doctor to determine your best birth control options.
Care for Pregnancy Complications, Loss or Pregnancy Options
If your pregnancy should end unexpectedly and early in miscarriage, our clinicians will provide quick and gentle care for you. The team at the Women's Specialty Center at Stamford Health works with you with sensitivity and compassion. Our experts can provide counseling and both medical and surgical options in accordance with your wishes and beliefs.