WHAT IS A PCMH?
Our Responsibilities to You
JOIN THE TEAM
Coordinated, comprehensive team-based care. As your care team, we will:
- Learn about you, your support network, life situation, and health goals and preferences.
- Encourage and welcome your family and support network to join you at your visits.
- Take a proactive role in your healthcare by ensuring that you are receiving necessary preventive services, vaccines and screenings.
- Treat your short-term illness and long-term chronic disease(s) using evidence-based medicine.
- Provide extended office hours and enhanced appointment access for your urgent and routine care.
- Provide you timely clinical advice either by phone or through your Patient Portal.
- Work collaboratively with all of your healthcare providers, including behavioral health specialists, if necessary, to provide you the most coordinated and comprehensive care. All of our primary and specialty offices use the same Electronic Medical Record (EMR), which gives us access to a comprehensive view of your health care and allows us to track and manage chronic health issues.
- Create individualized care plans that address your health care goals to keep you well.
- Listen to your concerns and help answer your health questions.
- Communicate clearly with you about your condition(s) and options, and help you make the best decision for your care.
- Provide equal access to healthcare, regardless of source of payment.
- Encourage you to take an active part in your own health care.
- Consider your feedback during quality improvement activities.
Your role is key. You are the most important member of your care team. Here are some simple, but important, ways you can help take an active role in your health:
- Understand that you are a full partner in your own health.
- Communicate with your care team by asking questions if there is something you don’t understand. Share successes and challenges you have had with your care in the past.
- Inform your care team of any care you receive from other healthcare providers.
- Provide your complete past medical records to your care team prior to your visit either through mail, fax or in person.
- Bring a list of any medicines, vitamins or remedies you use to each appointment.
- Follow the care plan created by you and your care team. Talk openly with your provider if you are having difficulty working towards goals and treatment plan.
- Do your best to keep scheduled appointments or, if you can’t, call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Let us know how we are doing by completing any surveys mailed to you and honestly communicating your healthcare experience with us.
As your medical home, we’d like this to be the first place you think of for all your medical needs. Thank you for choosing us as your primary care provider.