Stamford Health physical therapists help manage your pain and restore your movement. Whether you're injured or recovering from surgery, our team of physical therapists will work with you on a treatment plan.
We get to know you, your lifestyle and what your goals are for mobility and activity. Depending on what's right for you, our physical therapists may recommend:
- Aquatic (water) therapy
- Biofeedback, or a technique that uses electrical sensors that tell you information about your body
- Electrical stimulation, a method that uses a device to target areas of pain in the body
- Ice and heat therapy
- Special exercises that strengthen certain muscles and joints. We'll design an exercise plan that best fits your lifestyle
What conditions do physical therapists treat?
Some of the conditions Stamford Health physical therapists treat include:
- Arthritis or inflammation of joints
- Bursitis: When the sacs between the bones, tendons, joints, and muscles become inflamed
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Numbness, pain and tingling in the hand and arm
- Joint Replacement Recovery: If you recently had joint replacement surgery, you may need physical therapy
- Sciatica or back pain caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Spinal Injuries: Any injury to your spinal cord can improve with physical therapy
- Tendonitis: When the cords that attach muscle to bone become inflamed or irritated
- Whiplash or neck strain caused by a sudden force like a car accident
What can I expect at a physical therapy session?
During a physical therapy session, your physical therapist will teach you exercises to do at home, during your sessions or both.
Where can I find a physical therapist near Stamford?