Lactation and Breastfeeding Support
Looking for Breastfeeding Support?
Contact our Lactation Team at 203.276.7829.
Stamford Hospital's breastfeeding and lactation experts help you prepare for breastfeeding and provide guidance and support following delivery. We also offer continuing support to new mothers after discharge from the hospital.
After you deliver your baby, your mother-baby nurse will teach you proper positioning and methods for breastfeeding. They'll also give you an overview on how to use a breast pump and techniques for expressing colostrum, or the first form of antibody-rich milk from the breasts right after giving birth.
The board-certified breastfeeding and lactation consultants (IBCLC) at Stamford Hospital offer you the following services:
- Daily check-ins on all moms
- Lactation consultations for problems with nursing and latch
- Arrangements for breast pump rental. Complimentary breast pumps available to all patients while in the hospital. Home use breast pumps are provided by Acelleron. (Most insurances accepted.)
- New mother’s support group
- Free post-discharge consultation
In addition, we offer breastfeeding support group classes for inpatients. You'll learn helpful breastfeeding tips and techniques after giving birth and have the opportunity to ask all the questions you want.