Comprehensive, Team-Based Gynecological CareAll women over 18 years old, or younger if sexually active, should have annual gynecological examinations as part of their healthcare routine.
Our approach to providing expert obstetric and gynecological care is centered around you. Our highly-credentialed gynecologists and obstetricians are here for all of your needs, from adolescence to family planning, motherhood to menopause and beyond. Find world-class care as exceptional as you are at Stamford Health.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Services
General Obstetrics Care
Our obstetrics team is here to meet all your needs, from genetic counseling and your first prenatal visit, to labor and delivery, and post-delivery care and plans. Our obstetrics specialties and services include:
- Our Early Pregnancy Assessment program and help with family planning.
- A multidisciplinary team who provides comprehensive education programs such as childbirth preparation and infant care.
- The Labor and Delivery unit at Stamford Hospital, which is staffed 24/7 by in-house attending OBGYNs.
- Board-certified OBGYNs and highly trained nurses who are prepared for any circumstance during childbirth and post-delivery.
- An award-winning NICU that provides the most advanced level of care in Fairfield County.
- Maternal-fetal care specialists who provide care for conditions including complicated and high-risk pregnancies, preterm labor, multiple pregnancy with twins, triplets, or more, preeclampsia, and gestational diabetes.
- Genetic counselors available to discuss inherited risk factors.
General Gynecology Care
All women over 18 years old, or younger if already sexually active, should have annual gynecological examinations as part of their healthcare routine.
Our gynecology team includes many outstanding physicians in the full range of gynecological specialties. We also offer expert specialized care for women who face problems such as infertility, pelvic pain, menopause, fibroids, incontinence, or even cancer.
Understanding the anxiety and uncertainty that can be associated with seeking gynecological care, we will always take the time to answer questions, listen to concerns, and provide support. Our board-certified team offers the following services:
- Treatment for and education about sexually transmitted infections
- Alternative hormone replacement therapy, such as bio-identical hormones
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Tubal ligation
You might already know that there are several types of cancer that can affect a woman’s reproductive organs. Together, they are known as gynecologic cancer.
Truth be told, there’s no simple way to test for this type of cancer if you don’t show any signs or symptoms. That’s why it’s important to:
- Have regular Pap tests that can detect cervical cancer early on, as well as cervical cell changes that could become cancer if not treated.
- Know about the cancers in general.
- Recognize warning signs.
- Talk with your primary care physician to learn what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Occasional diagnostic surgery to detect gynecologic cancer
Our gynecologists work collaboratively with other Stamford Health physicians specializing in urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology to provide the best, most comprehensive care.
Diagnostic and Screening for Gynecologic Cancer:
Obstetricians & Gynecologists