Individualized care for women’s needs
All women over 18 years old, or younger if already sexually active, should have annual gynecological examinations as part of their healthcare routine. We recommend specific screenings every year and others at different frequencies.
Our gynecology team includes many outstanding physicians in the full range of gynecological specialties. We also offer expert specialized care for women who face problems such as infertility, pelvic pain, menopause, fibroids, incontinence, or even cancer.
Our gynecologists and nurses offer sensitive, compassionate, patient-centered care as is outlined by our Planetree philosophy. Understanding the anxiety and uncertainty that can be associated with seeking gynecological care, we will always take the time to answer questions, listen to concerns, and provide supportive care. Our board-certified team offers the following services:
General Gynecology Care
- Annual gynecological exams, for adults and adolescents
- Care in gynecological emergencies
- Contraceptive education and management
- Evaluation for gynecologic surgery
- Fibroid care
- Investigation of reproductive problems
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Follow-up exams after surgery and childbirth
- Care in gynecological emergencies
- Treatment for and education about sexually transmitted infections
- Alternative hormone replacement therapy, such as bio-identical hormones
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Saline sonohysterogram for abnormal bleeding
- Tubal litigation
Here are our areas of expertise:
We offer expert care for women with infertility as well as other hormone-related issues. Our highly trained physicians and staff utilize state-of-the-art technology and infertility treatments, while also emphasizing sensitivity to the emotions of the patient.
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Our team is dedicated to relieving your pain and to helping you make lasting improvements. Our Chronic Pelvic Pain Program takes a multidisciplinary approach using both traditional medicine and holistic modalities to address body, mind, and spirit. These may include:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Physical therapy
- Acupuncture, or mind-body approaches to reduce stress such as hypnosis and guided imagery
Our Urogynecology team offers caring support and treatment in the form of comprehensive consultation and medical-condition management for women with lower urinary-tract disorders and pelvic floor dysfunction .
Treatment for Menopause
Women who experience hormonal disturbances such as menstrual irregularities and menopause can find expert non-surgical management of their symptoms. We offer:
- Diagnostic testing
- Support services for perimenopausal and menopausal women
- Integrative care for those interested in seeking alternative therapies
Most cancers of the female reproductive system can be treated effectively, even cured, if detected early. This is why it's important to have regular gynecological cancer screening tests. We offer extensive gynecological cancer treatment options, including an on-staff gynecological oncologist and a commitment to multidisciplinary care in collaboration with the team at our Bennett Cancer Center.
Stamford Health specializes in minimally invasive gynecological surgery, with state-of-the-art technology, such as our da Vinci® robotic surgery platform, that gives our surgeons the tools they need to deliver the most advanced care. Though a minimally invasive approach is not always the best solution for everyone, our physicians have access to the latest, most innovative gynecological surgery technology. da Vinci® robotic surgery:
- Uses small incisions with unmatched precision.
- Can be used to treat both endometrial and cervical cancers.
- Strives for less pain and blood loss, as well as less need for blood transfusions.
- Can result in a shorter hospital stay, which means a quicker recovery and faster return to normal life.
We provide surgical services for women with:
Our gynecologists work collaboratively with other Stamford Health physicians specializing in urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology to provide the best, most comprehensive care.