Individualized care for women’s needs
All women over 18 years old, or younger if already sexually active, should have annual gynecological examinations as part of their healthcare routine. We recommend specific screenings every year and others at different frequencies.
Our gynecology team includes many outstanding physicians in the full range of gynecological specialties. We also offer expert specialized care for women who face problems such as infertility, pelvic pain, menopause, fibroids, incontinence, or even cancer.
Our gynecologists and nurses offer sensitive, compassionate, patient-centered care as is outlined by our Planetree philosophy. Understanding the anxiety and uncertainty that can be associated with seeking gynecological care, we will always take the time to answer questions, listen to concerns, and provide supportive care. Our board-certified team offers the following services:
General Gynecology Care
- Annual gynecological exams, for adults and adolescents
- Care in gynecological emergencies
- Contraceptive education and management
- Evaluation for gynecologic surgery
- Fibroid care
- Investigation of reproductive problems
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Follow-up exams after surgery and childbirth
- Care in gynecological emergencies
- Treatment for and education about sexually transmitted infections
- Alternative hormone replacement therapy, such as bio-identical hormones
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Saline sonohysterogram for abnormal bleeding
- Tubal litigation
We offer expert care for women with infertility as well as other hormone-related issues. Our highly trained physicians and staff utilize state-of-the-art technology and infertility treatments, while also emphasizing sensitivity to the emotions of the patient.
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Our team is dedicated to relieving your pain and to helping you make lasting improvements. Our Chronic Pelvic Pain Program takes a multidisciplinary approach using both traditional medicine and holistic modalities to address body, mind, and spirit. These may include:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Physical therapy
- Acupuncture, or mind-body approaches to reduce stress such as hypnosis and guided imagery
Our Urogynecology team offers caring support and treatment in the form of comprehensive consultation and medical-condition management for women with lower urinary-tract disorders and pelvic floor dysfunction .
Treatment for Menopause
Women who experience hormonal disturbances such as menstrual irregularities and menopause can find expert non-surgical management of their symptoms. We offer:
- Diagnostic testing
- Support services for perimenopausal and menopausal women
- Integrative care for those interested in seeking alternative therapies
You might already know that there are several main types of cancer that can affect a woman’s reproductive organs. Together, they are known as gynecologic cancer.
Truth be told, there’s no simple way to test for this type of cancer if you don’t show any signs or symptoms. That’s why it’s important to:
- Have regular Pap tests that can detect cervical cancer early on, as well as cervical cell changes that could become cancer if not treated.
- Know about the cancers in general.
- Recognize warning signs.
- Talk with your primary care physician to learn what you can do to reduce your risk.
Diagnostic and Screening for Gynecologic Cancer:
We provide surgical services for women with:
Our gynecologists work collaboratively with other Stamford Health physicians specializing in urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology to provide the best, most comprehensive care.