Geriatric Assessment Center & Elder Care Physicians
Along with greater wisdom, age often brings health challenges - some predictable, some not. If your health care needs begin to get more complicated as you age, you may benefit from an evaluation by a geriatrician, a physician with specialized expertise in caring for seniors. Our goal is to help you make decisions that will allow you to feel good, remain happy and be productive for as long as possible.
Looking for Support?
We’re here to help. For an appointment at either Geriatric Assessment Center location, please call 203.276.2516.
You can find us at:
90 Morgan Street, Suite 105
Stamford, CT 06905
372 Danbury Road, Suite 180
Wilton, CT 06897
What is geriatrics?
Geriatrics is the branch of medicine that focuses on helping people to maintain a good quality of life as they age. Geriatric medicine emphasizes prevention and treatment of age-related disabilities and diseases.
Our personalized plans help you maintain the highest possible quality of life
Our personalized geriatric medicine plans help you maintain the highest possible quality of life. Everyone ages differently and each patient is different. At the Stamford Health Geriatric Assessment Center, our experts will evaluate your physical, cognitive and mental health along with your ability to function and take care of yourself. We will assess conditions such as balance/gait, frailty, depression and memory loss and review your current medications. Our team will work closely with your family or caregiver as well as other members of your healthcare team to provide lifestyle recommendations and management of age-related conditions.
The comprehensive geriatric care you deserve, where you need it
Our team is here for you, no matter where you are. If you are in the hospital, our geriatricians will work closely with both your primary care physician and hospitalist on your treatment plan. We will consult with your healthcare team to evaluate behavioral issues, memory loss, insomnia, pain management, palliative care and other treatment needs. When it’s time for discharge, we’ll help make sure that a safe and effective plan is in place.
Safety assessments of your home can be scheduled for homebound seniors. Primarily performed by our skilled APRN, we schedule home visits across Fairfield. Additionally, we provide education and outreach at nursing homes, assisted living facilities and continuing care residential communities.
Our geriatric doctors' expertise focuses on:
- Dementia and associated behavioral issues
- Wound care
- Medication management with the aide of the Beers Criteria
- Pain Control
- Elder neglect and abuse
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Placement assistance
- Caregiver burden and support
- Palliative care/goals of care
Should you see a geriatric specialist?
A geriatrician is a good choice for you if you...
- Have multiple medical conditions — such as diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and/or cancer
- Take several medications, vitamins, an supplements that may interact dangerously with one another
- Find that age is interfering with basic functions, such as walking, vision or hearing
- Are struggling to manage age-related problems such as frequent falls, incontinence or memory loss
- Are concerned about your ability to drive or take care of yourself
- Feel that your family members are experiencing significant strain and stress because of their care-taking responsibilities