Endocrine Cancer Symptoms, Treatment & Thyroid Testing
Questions About Endocrine Cancer?
We’re here to help. Contact one of our Nurse Navigators at 203-276-CARE. Press 6.
We offer treatment for all types of endocrine cancer, including cancer of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands. Our multidisciplinary team approach allows us to use advanced diagnostic technology and the latest endocrine cancer treatment options including advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures, chemotherapy and radiation.
Endocrine Diagnostic Services
The first step in treating endocrine cancer is diagnosing it accurately and determining how far it’s progressed. We use:
- Ultrasound to check your thyroid
- Blood tests to check your hormone levels
- CT scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to obtain images of suspect areas
- Biopsy to evaluate any tumors we may find
Our pathologists have built a regional reputation for excellence in analyzing fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies. Most endocrinologists and ear, nose and throat surgeons in Fairfield County send their FNA specimens to Stamford Hospital for evaluation.
Endocrine Surgery Services
If you’re diagnosed with endocrine cancer, we’ll likely recommend surgery as your primary treatment. Our endocrine team performs surgeries for cancers of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
- We’ll remove the gland in whole or in part
- Surgery procedure can include ultrasound to identify hard-to-find lesions.
- Use of our Nerve Integrity Monitoring system to check your nerve function and reduce any risk of damage.
Parathyroid and Adrenal Gland Surgery
- Your surgeon will identify which gland is overactive beforehand.
- Surgeries on both glands are performed with minimally invasive methods when possible.
- The goal is smaller incisions, less pain, fewer complications, and faster healing time.