Psychiatric and Behavioral Health Services
Focusing on your wellness and recovery.
Explore options below.
We approach mental health in a collaborative way, always being sensitive to your needs and those of your loved ones.
Our behavioral health experts are here to work with you on a recovery plan so you can feel as comfortable and ready and possible to integrate back into the community.
You can rely on our team to be present, available and supportive of your journey through treatment.
If you’re having a mental health crisis at any time, you can benefit in the Emergency Department from:
- A behavioral health designated treatment area in the Stamford Hospital Emergency Department.
- The expertise of a clinical team member who is available 24/7.
South One Inpatient Psychiatric Unit tailors to your needs while incorporating valuable life and coping skills from which you can benefit long term. Our staff believes you should be an active participant in every aspect of your care.
The interdisciplinary team consists of clinical professionals trained to care for you.
- Psychiatrists – You will have an assigned primary physician and on-call psychiatrist available 24/7.
- Licensed certified social workers – Will help you transition back to the community and support your emotional needs.
- Advanced practice registered nurses and physician assistants – Collaborate with our physician team.
- Registered nurses and technicians – Are available to you 24/7 for continuous support. They will also manage your daily activities, medication and healthcare education opportunities.
- Certified licensed art therapist – Will coordinate therapeutic groups and encourage self-expression through creativity.
- Case manager – Will help you navigate the details by working directly with your insurance provider to secure coverage and benefit information. Will also assist with your return home.
The staff at Stamford Health South One Psychiatric Unit believes in a culture of transparency. We will always communicate with you about what to know while staying in the unit.
Outpatient and Community Options
Outpatient and Community Options
If your situation is not life-threatening to yourself or to others, we may refer you to partial hospitalization or outpatient treatment. For substance abuse issues, Stamford Health collaborates with the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery. If you're willing to participate in the program, our recovery counselors can give you a direct referral to the organization right from the Emergency Department.
Additional Behavioral Health Services in the Stamford Community
- Dubois Center, 1351 Washington Blvd. 5th Floor. 203.388.1600
- Optimus Behavioral Health, 1351 Washington Blvd. 203.621.3754
- Community Health Center, 141 Franklin Street. 203.969.0802
NAMI Southwest CT (National Alliance on Mental Illness) offers free support groups which provide families and friends of those living with mental health challenges with an understanding environment. Those who attend may share their experiences and gain insight from others in similar circumstances.
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for those affected by mental illness. Representatives from NAMI also visit weekly on the South One inpatient psychiatric unit to offer support for patients and families dealing with mental illness.