When it comes to the media, Stamford Health's goal is to provide our community with accurate and timely information about Stamford Health as well as innovations in medical technologies and healthcare practices. We can arrange for interviews with physicians and other Stamford Hospital medical professionals, as well as leaders of our innovative programs and health centers.
Availability of Patient Conditions
Members of the media may obtain condition updates for patients, provided they have the patient's name and the patient has not restricted release of information.
The Marketing & Communications department can be contacted during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). After hours or on weekends, call the hospital's main number at 203.276.1000 and ask to speak with the nursing supervisor.
The hospital will issue one of the following conditions for the patient:
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting physician and assessment.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill and may not be conscious. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious. Indicators are unfavorable.