The Latest Technology
Green light capabilities reduce shadows for better visualization during a surgical procedure.
Larger surgical space accommodates our multi-disciplinary teams and latest technology.
Share Your Story
Are you looking for more information or do you want to tell us about a positive experience you've had with Stamford Health?
We project a significant increase in the need for surgical procedures over the next several years. Here’s what you can now expect as a result.
- Our surgical suites are 50% larger increasing the amount of space available to accommodate multi-disciplinary teams. A total of 10 procedural areas: 8 rooms with potential for expansion, and 2 special procedure rooms outside the OR suites. All surgical rooms include green light capabilities which reduce the amount of shadows for overall better visualization of detail. Laser-focused lighting is efficient and environmentally compatible, measuring distance to the wound area. Other highlights include:
- 1 hybrid operating room dedicated to complex vascular and radiological procedures.
- 2 specialized integrated neurosurgical and spine rooms, both equipped with the technology needed for complex cases and robotic procedures, plus an integrated cardiac surgical suite.
- A new workflow that allows all surgical procedures to take place on one, centralized floor to alleviate disruptive patient transportation and consolidate staff members to a centralized location.
- PACU recovery area with 19 bays (patient beds) and a dedicated pre-op area with 15 individual patient rooms for intake and education before and after surgery.