Dr. Bradford Waddell is an orthopedic surgeon. He specializes in hip and knee reconstruction. Dr. Waddell aims to return patients to their active lifestyle through personalized surgical and nonsurgical care.
Dr. Waddell is actively involved in research pertaining to patient safety, new technologies and value-based care. He has served in several roles to help shape the future of orthopedics.
Throughout his training and practice, Dr. Waddell has been recognized for clinical excellence, as well as his dedication to patient care and research. His awards include:
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Health Policy Fellowship 2017
- Marquis Who's Who in America 2016 – Present
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leader: 2016
- Hospital for Special Surgery- ARJR Clinical Excellence Award: 2016
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association Top Poster Award (1st Place): Total Hip Arthroplasty Dislocation: A Case Report of Intra-Prosthetic Dislocation of a Dual Mobility Implant After Closed Reduction 2016
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Resident Leader: 2015
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association Top Poster Award (2nd Place): Topical Tranexamic Acid Use in Knee Periprosthetic Joint Infections is Safe and Effective 2015
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association Top Poster Award (1st Place), Ocular Radiation Exposure During Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery: Methods for Reduction of Exposure to Surgeon 2015
- ICJR Award of Excellence, Transatlantic Orthopaedic Congress, New York, NY: Eight Year Results of a Recalled Metal-on-Metal Hip Prosthesis: Primary Versus Revision 2015
- Alton Ochsner Resident Leadership Award, Ochsner Clinic Foundation: 2014
Waddell BS, Carroll K, Jerabek S. Technology in arthroplasty: Are we improving value? Curr Rev Musc Med 2017; 10: 378-387.
Ricciardi B, Waddell BS, Nodzo S, Lange S, Nocon A, Amundsen S, Tarity S, McLawhorn A. Provider-Initiated Patient Satisfaction Reporting Yields Improved Physician Ratings Relative to Online Rating Websites. Orthopedics 2017: Epub Ahead of Print.
DeMartino I, D'Apolito R, Waddell BS, McLawhorn AS, Sculco PK, Sculco TP. Early Intraprosthetic Dislocation in Dual-Mobility Implants: A Systematic Review. Arthroplasty Today 2016; 1(1): 1-6.
Waddell BS, Robb WJ: Patient Safety and Core Competencies. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online Journal 2016; 14(11): 1.
Waddell BS, Boettner F, Gonzales Della Valle A. Favorable Early Results of Impaction Bone Grafting with Reinforcement Mesh for The Treatment of Paprosky 3B Acetabular Defects. J Arthroplasty. 2016; 32(3): 919-23.
Waddell BS, Gonzales Della Valle A. Reconstruction of Non-Contained Acetabular Defects with Impaction Grafting, A Reinforcement Mesh and A Cemented Polyethylene Cup. Bone Joint J 2017; 99-B (1 Supple A): 25-30.
Waddell BS, Mohamed S, Glomset JT, Meyer MS. A Detailed Review of Hip Reduction Maneuvers: A Focus on Physician Safety and Introduction of The Waddell Technique. Orthop Rev (Pavia). 2016 Mar 21; 8(1): 6253.
Waddell BS, Zahoor T, Meyer MS, Ochsner LO, Chimento G. Topical Tranexamic Acid Use in Knee Periprosthetic Joint Infections is Safe and Effective. J Knee Surg 2016; 29: 423-429.
Qadir R, Ochsner JL, Chimento G, Meyer S, Waddell BS, Zavatsky JM. Establishing a Role for Vancomycin Powder Application in Total Joint Arthroplasty for Infection Prevention – Results of a Wear Simulation Study. Journal of Arthroplasty 2014; 29(7): 1449-1456.
Waddell BS, Waddell WH, Waddell DD. Efficacy and Tolerability of Hylan G-F 20 in Patients with or Without Effusions at Time of Initial Injection. J Knee Surg 2015; 28(03): 213-222.