Count on the Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Experts in Stamford Health’s Women’s Specialty Center to Customize a Care Plan That Answers Your Questions and Meets Your Needs.
The female body changes dramatically from ages 9-19. With those physical changes also come emotional ones. That’s why it’s important for your adolescent daughter to get specialized care for her developing reproductive system with a team of sensitive professionals ready to listen.
Our experts help young women on a path to lifelong gynecological wellness and will work with your daughter’s pediatrician to address any concerns every step of the way.
When to See a Pediatric Gynecologist
Partner with an adolescent gynecologist to provide individualized care for your child. Our specialists are experts in helping children and teens with:
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Concerns about physical or sexual development
- Early or delayed puberty
- Menstrual problems, like very heavy or irregular bleeding
- Ovarian cysts and tumors
- Pelvic pain or painful periods
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Skin conditions of the vulva
- Structural or functional disorders of the reproductive system
- Vaginitis and vulvovaginitis, such as bacterial or yeast infections
Adolescent Gynecologic Services
Count on our gynecologists to provide care and services that support your child or teen. Turn to us for:
- Contraceptive management
- Gynecologic exams
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccinations
- Period regulation
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- STI testing