What is pediatric pulmonology?
Pediatric pulmonology is the medical discipline involving the diagnosis, treatment and management of lung conditions and breathing problems in children.
What conditions do pediatric pulmonologists treat?
- Chronic cough
- Difficulty breathing or noisy breathing
- Recurring pneumonia (lung infection)
- Asthma (chronic airway inflammation)
- Cystic fibrosis (a genetic disease with pulmonary and nutritional symptoms)
- Apnea (when breathing stops for a prolonged time)
- Chronic lung disease in premature infants