Your Personalized Experience With CyberKnife®
Our simulation and treatment process
Our highly skilled clinicians work directly with you throughout the experience. You’ll meet neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, and radiation therapists. They are there to answer your questions and meet your unique needs.
Here’s how our simulation process works:
- Once you and your physician agree you’re a candidate for CyberKnife radiosurgery, you’ll be given an appointment to return to the CyberKnife center to begin preparation.
- As part of the simulation, you’ll be imaged using high-resolution technology to accurately measure your tumor.
- Information is then transferred to our computer planning station where our staff begins your treatment plan. At this point, you can go home and relax. We’ll contact you with next steps and a date for your treatment.
Here’s how our treatment process works:
- You’ll relax on the padded CyberKnife table while enjoying the dim lights, nighttime-decorated sky, and any music you wish to bring.
- The CyberKnife's unique, real-time image guidance software can continuously track and adjust the treatment for the slightest motion. This allows you to rest comfortably and breathe normally throughout the entire treatment.
When the procedure is completed, you may leave with feeling little to no side effects. All patients require between one and five treatments, and your treatment time will vary depending on the nature of your tumor.
Learn about the CyberKnife approach