NINE SPECIALISTS JOIN STAMFORD HEALTH NETWORK
STAMFORD, CT/January 3, 2019 – William Hines, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Stamford Health Medical Group, announced the addition of nine specialists, who joined between July and September 2018, to Stamford Health’s network of aligned physicians.
“Stamford Health Medical Group is excited to welcome nine new physicians, interested in providing primary care to patients in Stamford and the surrounding area,” said Dr. Hines. “This partnership between the physicians and Stamford Health will continue to benefit patients in our local communities.”
The Stamford Health Medical Group offers access to more than 130 physicians at locations around lower Fairfield County. Recently joining the Medical Group are:
• Joshua Lader, MD, is a fellowship-trained board certified cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist who specializes in conditions affecting the heart’s electrical system. Located at 29 Hospital Plaza in Suite 501, Stamford, Dr. Lader provides advanced diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for heart rhythm management. Dr. Lader received a Bachelor of Science in chemistry from New York University (NYU) and a medical degree from the NYU School of Medicine. He completed his residency in internal medicine, followed by a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases and a fellowship in clinical cardiac electrophysiology at the NYU School of Medicine. Learn more about Dr. Lader or call (203) 276-2321 for an appointment.
• Bibek Koirala, MD, is fellowship-trained in infectious disease and is double board-certified in internal medicine and infectious disease. Located at 29 Hospital Plaza in Suite 605, Stamford and also practicing at 75 Holly Hill Lane, 2nd floor, Greenwich; Dr. Koirala cares for patients with bone and joint infections, complicated infections, heart valve infections, cancer, HIV/AIDS, Lyme disease, pneumonia and patients who are immunocompromised. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Mount Auburn Hospital/Harvard Medical School, a fellowship in infectious disease at
the University of Massachusetts and a second fellowship in medical education at Mount Auburn Hospital. Before joining Stamford Health, he practiced infectious disease medicine at Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading, PA. Learn more about Dr. Bibek or call (203) 276-1427 for an appointment.
• Danielle Greenman, MD, is a board-certified internal medicine physician specializing in integrative and functional medicine. Dr. Greenman practices at 32 Strawberry Hill Ct., 1st Floor at the Stamford Health Tully Health Center and also practicing at 75 Holly Hill Lane, 2nd floor, Greenwich; Dr. Greenman is licensed in acupuncture. Dr. Greenman earned her medical degree at Rutgers University, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She completed her residency at Yale New Haven Hospital in internal medicine and primary care. She also completed a clinical fellowship in integrative medicine at Stamford Hospital/Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and a second fellowship in integrative medicine at The University of Arizona. She received her acupuncture certification from SUNY Downstate Medical Center and training in Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) from the Institute for Functional Medicine. Learn more about Dr. Greenman or call (203) 276-4777 for an appointment.
• Sanjay Patel, MD, is a board-certified internal medicine physician located at 51 Schuyler Avenue in Stamford. He attended medical school at St. Georges University School of Medicine in Grenada, then completed his residency in internal medicine at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center/ Mercy Hospital. Learn more about Dr. Patel or call (203) 327-1187 for an appointment.
• Maja Simic, MD, is a board-certified internal medicine physician practicing at 292 Long Ridge Road in Stamford. She is a specialist who works with adult patients to prevent, diagnose and treat common conditions and chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, metabolic disorders, intestinal disorders and others affecting a patient’s health and well-being. A graduate of University of Belgrade School of Medicine, Dr. Simic practiced at the University of Belgrade, then completed her residency at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Bronx VA Medical Center. Before joining Stamford Health Medical Group, Dr. Simic held the position of hospitalist at Danbury Hospital in Danbury, CT. Learn more about Dr. Simic or call (203) 276-4458 for an appointment.
• Derek Cheng, DO, MPH, is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurologist specializing in the accurate diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex epilepsy or new-onset seizure disorders, practicing at 29 Hospital Plaza, 6th floor in Suite 602, Stamford. Dr. Cheng obtained a doctor of osteopathic medicine degree from The New York College of Osteopathic Medicine-NYIT, and subsequently completed his neurology residency training at North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center (Northwell Health) where he served as chief resident his final year. Dr. Cheng then completed advanced fellowship training in neurophysiology with a focus on electroencephalogram (EEG) and epilepsy at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Learn more about Dr. Cheng, or call (203) 276-4464 for an appointment.
• Jason Wong, MD, is a board certified and fellowship trained neurologist located at 29 Hospital Plaza, 6th floor in Suite 602, Stamford. He has advanced training in neuromuscular medicine, treating conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), myasthenia gravis, and other neuromuscular disorders. Prior to joining Stamford Health, Dr. Wong graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine where he also completed his residency in neurology. He then completed his fellowship in neuromuscular medicine at the University of Michigan Health System. Dr. Wong worked at Virginia Commonwealth University Health in Richmond, Virginia. As a faculty member in the department of neurology and director of the neuromuscular medicine fellowship program, he served as an academic leader teaching medical students, residents, and fellows the skills necessary to care for patients with complex neurological conditions. Learn more about Dr. Wong or call (203) 276-4464 for an appointment.
• Si Zhang, DO, is a fellowship-trained board certified anesthesiologist and board certified pain medicine physician located at 29 Hospital Plaza, Suite 601, Stamford. He develops a safe plan for anesthesia when surgery is needed and helps patients who experience pain due to a chronic condition or those who suffer pain from cancer and other diseases. Dr. Zhang received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, went on to complete his anesthesiology residency at Tulane University School of Medicine and a fellowship in pain medicine at New York University School of Medicine. Learn more about Dr. Zhang, or call (203) 276-2451 for an appointment.
• Mohamad Zanbrakji, MD, is a board certified general surgeon and fellowship-trained trauma and critical care surgeon located at 29 Hospital Plaza, Suite 603, Stamford. Following medical school graduation from Ross University School of Medicine, Dr. Zanbrakji completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Stamford Hospital. Dr. Zanbrakji obtained his fellowship training at Yale University School of Medicine in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care. Learn more about Dr. Zanbrakji or call (203) 276-5959 for an appointment.
About Stamford Health
Stamford Health is a non-profit independent healthcare system with more than 3,500 employees committed to compassionately caring for the community and offering a wide-range of high-quality health and wellness services. Patients and their families can rely on comprehensive person-centered care through the system’s 305-bed Stamford Hospital; Stamford Health Medical Group, with more than 30 offices in lower Fairfield County offering primary and specialty care; a growing number of ambulatory locations across the region; and support through the Stamford Hospital
Foundation. Stamford Health is also a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dedicated to being the community’s most trusted healthcare partner, Stamford Health puts patients first to build long-lasting relationships. For more information, visit StamfordHealth.org. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, YouTube, and Linked In.