Six Specialists Join Stamford Health Network
STAMFORD, CT/August 1, 2018 – William Hines, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Stamford Health Medical Group, announced the addition of several specialists, who joined between January and March 2018, to Stamford Health’s network of aligned physicians.
“Stamford Health Medical Group is pleased to continue bringing primary care and sub-specialists to treat patients in Stamford and the surrounding area,” said Dr. Hines. “This collaboration between these physicians and Stamford Hospital greatly benefits patients in our local communities.”
The Stamford Health Medical Group offers access to more than 130 physicians at locations around lower Fairfield County. Recently joining the Medical Group are:
- Edward Lin, MD, a specialist in heart failure, is board-certified in both Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine and practices at 29 Hospital Plaza, Suite 501 in Stamford. Dr. Lin is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Center for Advanced Cardiac Care at Columbia University Medical Center. He earned his degree and completed his residency from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Lin completed fellowships at both Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Learn more about Dr. Lin or call (203) 276-7691 for an appointment.
- Lidya Bal, MD is board-certified in Family Medicine and practices at 90 Morgan Street, Suite 108 in Stamford. Dr. Bal received her medical degree from The American University of Antigua College of Medicine and completed her residency at Stamford Hospital in Family Medicine. Dr. Bal also trained in the Fairfield County community at The Optimus Clinic. Learn more about Dr. Bal or call (203) 359-9997 for an appointment.
Kathleen Nurena, MD, practices medicine at 90 Morgan Street, Suite 108 in Stamford. A member of the Stamford Hospital medical staff since 2002, Dr. Nurena is board-certified in Family Medicine. She earned her degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed her residency at Stamford Hospital. Prior to joining Stamford Health Medical Group, Dr. Nurena served the Fairfield County community as a Family Physician and part of the Morgan Street Family Medicine practice. Learn more about Dr. Nurena or call (203) 359-9997 for an appointment.
- Stanley Skolnick, MD, has been practicing medicine in Fairfield County for more than 40 years and has an office at 1500 Post Road, 2nd Floor in Darien. Dr. Skolnick earned his degree at Heidelberg University and completed his residency at Hospital of Saint Raphael, Kings County Hospital Center, and Montefiore Medical Center. Learn more about Dr. Skolnick or call (203) 655-8701 for an appointment.
- Henry Yoon, MD, is board-certified in Family Medicine and practices at 90 Morgan Street, Suite 108 in Stamford. Dr.Yoon is Vice Chair of Family Medicine at Stamford Hospital and has been a member of the Stamford Hospital medical staff since 2001. Dr. Yoon earned his degree from Rush University Medical School and completed his residency at Stamford Hospital where he served as Chief Resident. Prior to joining Stamford Health Medical Group, Dr. Yoon practiced in Fairfield County at the Morgan Street Family Practice. Learn more about Dr. Yoon or call (203) 359-9997 for an appointment.
- Tzivia Moreen, MD, is board-certified in both Geriatric and Internal Medicine and practices at 292 Long Ridge Road, Suite 103 in Stamford. Dr. Moreen is a geriatrician and primary care physician with a degree from Weill Cornell Medical Center. She completed her residency and fellowship at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Prior to joining Stamford Health Medical Group, Dr. Moreen served the Fairfield County community by training and supervising residents at The Optimus Clinic for five years. Learn more about Dr. Moreen or call (203) 276-2516.
The Stamford Health Medical Group is a partnership of local primary care physicians, healthcare specialists and Stamford Hospital dedicated to bringing the best medical services to patients in lower Fairfield County and surrounding areas. The Medical Group network provides access to providers with practices conveniently located in Stamford, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Bridgeport and Wilton. You can learn more about physicians and specialties available at the Stamford Health Medical Group.
About Stamford Health
Stamford Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system in lower Fairfield County. The system provides inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory services through Stamford Hospital, a 305-bed acute care tertiary hospital; Stamford Health Medical Group, a partnership of primary and specialty care physicians; Stamford Hospital Foundation; and a diverse and growing number of retail and ambulatory locations across the region. Stamford Health is a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Stamford Health’s Carl and Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center is a member of the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative. Stamford Hospital received Magnet® Designation for nursing excellence in 2016, and the Planetree Distinction Award for Leadership and Innovation in Patient-Centered Care in 2014. For more information, visit StamfordHealth.org. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.