Stamford Hospital to Host Fall/Winter Mini Medical School Program
Stamford Hospital will host the fall/winter semester of its Mini Medical School on Wednesdays from November 5 – December 10, from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., at the Tully Health Center Brace Auditorium, 32 Strawberry Hill Court, Stamford.
“The feedback we get from participants continues to help us shape our series of lectures and demonstrations to address a variety of medical topics in a casual, understandable way,” said Henry Yoon, MD, Family Physician and Director of the Mini Medical School Program at Stamford Hospital. “The more participation we get, the more we can share our knowledge as well as learn from the community to better serve them and help increase wellness and healthy lifestyles.”
The free, weekly series is open to the public and mimics the structure of the medical school experience. Each week a different physician will offer information focused on a particular topic and cover the anatomy, function, common disease states and available treatments. All participating physicians are board-certified in their specialty and considered leaders in their fields.
The schedule for the Fall Mini Medical School Series is:
- November 5: Pulmonology & lung health, by Michael Bernstein, MD.
- November 12: Gastroenterology, by Henry (Duke) Beecher, MD.
- November 19: Endocrinology – What Do Our Glands Do, by Bismruta Misra, MD.
- December 3: Radiology – Its Role in Diagnosis and Treatment, by David Gruen, MD.
- December 10: Cardiology, by Joonun Choi, MD.
Registration is required and seats are limited. For more information and to register call 877.233.WELL (9355).